|For other uses, see Loki (disambiguation)|
Loki is an American web television series, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is the fifteenth television series in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The series is produced by Marvel Studios and was released on Disney+.
The second season was officially announced to be in development on July 14, 2021 and will premiere in Summer 2023. It is a sequel to Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and the fifth installment of Phase Five of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
To be added
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki / Loki / President Loki (Seasons 1-2)
- Sophia Di Martino as Sylvie Laufeydottir (Seasons 1-2)
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Ravonna Renslayer (Seasons 1-2) / Rebecca Tourminet (Season 1)
- Wunmi Mosaku as Hunter B-15 (Season 1-2)
- Eugene Cordero as Casey / Hunter K-5E (Season 1-2)
- Sasha Lane as Hunter C-20 (Season 1)
- Jack Veal as Kid Loki (Season 1)
- DeObia Oparei as Boastful Loki (Season 1)
- Tara Strong as Miss Minutes (voice; Seasons 1-2)
- Jonathan Majors as Time-Keepers (voice) / Nathaniel Richards/He Who Remains (Season 1) / Nathaniel Richards/Kang the Conqueror (Season 2)
- Richard E. Grant as Classic Loki (Season 1)
- Owen Wilson as Mobius M. Mobius (Seasons 1-2)
- Rafael Casal as a to-be-confirmed character (Season 2)
- Philip Fornah as Minuteman #1 (Season 1)
- Dave MacDonald as Minuteman #2 (Season 1)
- Michelle Rose as Minuteman #3 (Season 1)
- Neil Ellice as Hunter D-90 (Season 1)
- Sarafina King as Minuteman 90150 (Season 1)
- Alvin Chon as Minuteman #10 (Season 1)
- Ilan Muallem as Minuteman 90018371 (Season 1)
Right before the release of Avengers: Infinity War, Kevin Feige told Tom Hiddleston about Disney+, Disney's then upcoming streaming service, and revealed that a series centered on Loki was one of the ideas that Marvel Studios was working on.
On September 18, 2018, Variety reported that Marvel Studios was developing a limited television series centered on Loki for Disney+, with Kevin Feige set to serve as an executive producer.
On February 15, 2019, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Michael Waldron would serve as the showrunner and an executive producer of the first season of the series as well as write the pilot episode.
On April 11, 2019, during Disney's 2019 Investor Day, it was announced that the series would premiere during the second year of Disney+.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige announced that the series would premiere in Spring 2021. He also stated that the series would be exploring what Loki did after he stole the Tesseract during the Time Heist in Avengers: Endgame and created a new timeline.
On August 8, 2019, it was reported that the series would begin production on January 28, 2020.
On August 14, 2019, during an interview with MTV News, Tom Hiddleston revealed that the first season of the series would be six hours long and teased that Loki would face "more formidable opponents" than he has encountered before.
On December 21, 2019, Tom Hiddleston revealed that the series had begun pre-production.
On January 15, 2020, it was reported that the series would begin production on January 20.
On November 5, 2020, it was revealed that a second season of the series was in development and that it would start production in January 2022 under the working title "Architect".
On December 10, 2020, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that the series would premiere in May 2021.
On December 16, 2020, it was reported that the first season of the series had wrapped production.
On February 24, 2021, it was announced that the series would premiere on June 11.
On May 5, 2021, it was announced that the series' premiere was pushed up two days from its initial premiere date to June 9.
On July 16, 2021, in an interview with Deadline, Kate Herron revealed that she would not be returning to direct the second season of the series. It was also reported that Sylvie Laufeydottir and Variants of He Who Remains would appear in the second season.
On January 31, 2022, it was reported that the second season of the series was scheduled to start production in the summer in the United Kingdom.
On February 17, 2022, Deadline reported that Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead would be co-directing the majority of the second season of the series. It was also reported that Eric Martin was set to write the second season of the series.
On June 13, 2022, it was reported that the second season of the series had begun production in London and was expected to wrap in December.
On July 7, 2022, in an interview with Inverse, Natalie Holt revealed that she would be returning to compose the score for the second season of the series.
On July 23, 2022, at San Diego Comic-Con 2022, Kevin Feige announced that the second season of the series would premiere in Summer 2023.
- ‘Loki’ Will Return for Season 2 on Disney+
- SDCC 2022: Marvel Studios' 'Loki' Season 2 Release Date Announced
- Marvel Releases New Loki Disney+ Official Synopsis
- ‘Loki’: Rafael Casal Joins Season 2 Of Marvel Series For Disney+
- Stars of ‘WandaVision,’ ‘Falcon and The Winter Soldier’ and ‘Loki’ Chat About All Things Marvel
- Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series In Works For Disney’s Streaming Service, Now Named Disney+
- Marvel's 'Loki' Series Lands 'Rick and Morty' Writer (Exclusive)
- Your Complete Guide to Disney+ Entertainment
- SDCC 2019: Marvel Studios' 'Loki' on Disney+ Details Revealed
- DiscussingFilm on Twitter - August 8, 2019
- Tom Hiddleston on Playing Loki, 'Betrayal' & His Career in Theater & Film | MTV News
- Loki to Get Six 1-Hour Episodes Directed by Kate Herron
- Bob Iger Takes the Gloves Off for Disney’s Streaming Debut
- Tom Hiddleston on Instagram - December 21, 2019
- ‘LOKI’ Production Update
- Marvel’s Disney Plus Shows Pause Production Due to Coronavirus
- How Georgia Hopes to Lead Hollywood's Return to Production
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw Talks ‘Misbehaviour’ And Returning To Work On ‘Loki’ For Disney+
- PRODUCTION WEEKLY – ISSUE 1219 – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2020 / 163 LISTINGS – 35 PAGES
- ‘Loki’ Reveals Glorious First Look at New Disney+ Series
- Loki Wrap Gift Reaffirms the Show's Marvel Comics Storyline
- Natalie Holt on Twitter - January 5, 2021
- Marvel Studios' 'Loki' to Premiere on Disney+ on June 11
- ‘Loki’ Finds His Glorious Purpose on Wednesdays
- ‘Loki’ Director & EP Kate Herron Says She’s Not Returning For Season 2
- What I Heard: About ‘Loki’ Season 2 Filming Location and When it Begins
- UK Greenlit: Tom Hiddleston Returns in ‘Loki’ + Clooney’s ‘Boys in the Boat’
- ‘Loki’: Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead Tapped As Directors Of Season Two Of The Marvel Series
- Loki Season 2 - Production List
- ‘Loki’ Season 2 Officially Begins Filming at Marvel Studios
- EXCLUSIVE: Composer Natalie Holt will return for Loki Season 2