|For other uses, see Loki (disambiguation)|
Final Days of Asgard
The actor was present during Thor's return to Asgard and witnessed him forcing "Odin" to reveal that he was in fact Loki in disguise. Sometime later, when Ragnarök came to happen, as with most Asgardians including Thor and Loki, the actor survived Asgard's destruction and Hela's defeat at the hands of Surtur. Led by Thor aboard the Statesman, the actor and the other Asgardians followed their leader to search a new home on the Earth.
Unfortunately, the Statesman came to be attacked by Thanos and the Black Order. Together with Valkyrie and other Asgardians, the actor was able to escape from Thanos, whereas most Asgardians including Loki were unable to do so. However, Thanos eventually managed to complete the Infinity Gauntlet and snapped his fingers, causing the Snap., and the actor disintegrated into nothingness, only to be resurrected by Hulk several years later.
- Asgardian Physiology: As an Asgardian, the actor has superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, the actors is superhumanly strong and possessed greater physical strength than the average human.
- Superhuman Durability: The actor's body is more resistant to physical harm than that of a human being.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his durability, the actor can be injured. However, her metabolism allows her to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissue with greater speed and efficiency than that of a human being.
- Longevity: Like all Asgardians, the actor ages far slower than humans and has lived for thousands of years.
- Thor - Former King
- Bruce Banner/Hulk - Resurrector
- Thanos † - Killer
Behind the Scenes
- In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi explained the reason for casting Matt Damon in the role: "Well Matt and Chris are very good friends. We were looking for someone to play Loki and it felt like if Loki was going to write a play about his death he’d want the star of the Asgard theater scene to be in the play." Kevin Feige revealed in an interview with Collider that Chris Hemsworth suggested casting Damon and Feige assumed that he was joking: "There was a fun idea of “Let's get Luke Hemsworth to play Thor,” Taika had worked with Sam Neill in Hunt for the Wilderpeople. He was willing to come in and do Odin. So who could be Loki? Who could be Loki? Who could be Loki? We didn't have any brilliant ideas. At one point, off handedly, Mr. Hemsworth goes, “Well what if I ask my friend Matt?” I said, “Matt who?” He said, “My friend, Matt Damon.” “Okay. Sure. Sure Chris, ask your friend Matt Damon. He’s not doing this. Oh he’s gonna do it. He's flying down.” The next thing I know, Matt Damon is on set in a full Loki costume, full Loki wig. We have pictures that maybe we’ll share some day of Tom Hiddleston in a full Loki outfit standing next to Matt Damon in full Loki outfit. It is very surreal and very amazing.".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Thor: Ragnarok
- ↑ Thor: Ragnarok Mid-credits Scene
- ↑ Avengers: Infinity War
- ↑ 'Avengers: Infinity War' Directors Reveal Who Died And Survived Off Screen
- ↑ Avengers: Endgame
- ↑ Thor: Ragnarok: Inside THAT major A-lister's surprise cameo
- ↑ ‘Thor: Ragnarok’: Kevin Feige on How They Landed THAT Actor for a Cameo