The following is a list of the movies that were considered to be in development by Marvel Studios, based upon different Marvel Comic Book Series and properties, but ended up not being produced in any way.
In an interview with Hey U Guys, Kevin Feige stated that Marvel Studios has discussed bringing Brian Braddock/Captain Britain to the Marvel Cinematic Universe stating "We have discussed it. There are a lot of actors that come in and ask for the part so we"ll have to see".
On September 10, 2018, an unspecified source called "Super Grip" told Ain't It Cool News that Marvel Studios had booked space at Pinewood Studios UK in November and December 2018 to hold auditions for a project called Captain Britain and the Black Knight.
Iron Man 4
In 2014, it was reported that Robert Downey, Jr. would most likely be replaced by another actor for a fourth Iron Man solo film, due to his age. It was also reported that he would produce the film.
Namor the Sub-Mariner
On July 18, 2014, in an interveiw with IGN, Kevin Feige said that the Namor film rights were not with Universal and Legendary Pictures, but he explained there were a number of contracts and deals that had to be sorted out.
On January 15, 2021, when Kevin Feige was asked if Nova would be a character with a standalone movie or supporting role and if it would be the Richard Rider or Sam Alexander version of the character, he said: "Well, yes and yes."
In 2000, Marvel Entertainment entered into a joint venture agreement with Artisan Entertainment to turn at least 15 Marvel superhero franchises into live-action films, television series, direct-to-video films, and internet projects. These franchises included an adaptation of Power Pack.
In 2010, Marvel Studios started taking meetings with writers and directors to work on small scale movies based on some of their third tier characters including Power Pack.
In 2008, Marvel Studios began development on a film adaptation of the Runaways. The film was set to be written by the co-creator of the comics, Brian K. Vaughan, with Kevin Feige serving as producer.
On August 25, 2010, it was revealed via a casting call for the film's protagonists that Drew Pearce had signed on to co-write the film's screenplay with Vaughan and that Peter Sollett was set to direct the film. It was also revealed that Randi Hiller and Sarah Halley Finn would serve as the casting directors for the film.
On October 22, 2010, it was reported that Marvel Studios had halted production on the film, citing a busy production schedule. Peter Sollett remained attached to the project, but was simultaneously offered to direct another Marvel Studios film.
The Incredible Hulk 2
Werewolf by Night
On August 3, 2021, it was reported that a Werewolf by Night television series was in development for Disney+ and that the series would begin filming in February 2022 under the working title "Buzz Cut". Later that month, it was reported that the series would actually be a Halloween Special and that Marvel Studios had begun their casting search for the lead role of the special.
On February 4, 2022, it was reported that the working title of the special was "Buzzcut".
On February 22, 2022, it was reported that Michael Giacchino had been tapped to direct the special. Three days later, it was reported that the special would start production in March and wrap after a couple of weeks.
On March 11, 2022, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Giacchino's involvement and that the special would start production in late March in Atlanta. It was also reported that the special would not be titled Werewolf by Night.
On March 17, 2022, it was reported that the special was scheduled to start production on March 22 and wrap on April 9.
On April 21, 2022, it was reported that Laura Donnelly would portray Elsa Bloodstone in the special.
On April 23, 2022, it was reported that the special had wrapped production.
In 2011, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said about a Warriors Three film: "You never know. What's fun to me about the Warriors Three is that people seem to like them. People like the way that they were presented in this movie and their main note might be, 'I want to see more of them.' I think that for ‘Thor 2,’ if we should be so lucky, that there's an opportunity for that. But you never know."
- Amy Pascal & Kevin Feige - Spider-Man Homecoming Exclusive Movie Interview
- Simon Pegg wants to play Captain Britain for Marvel
- Guy Ritchie to Direct "Captain Britain and the Black Knight" Film!?!?!?!
- Why Henry Cavill Basically Already Is James Bond
- 'Iron Man 4' release date, cast spoilers: Colin Farrell to replace Robert Downey Jr?
- ROBERT DOWNEY JR. HINTS HE'D BE OPEN TO IRON MAN 4
- Marvel Studios Wants to Release Lower Budget Movies With Some of their Lesser Known Characters Like LUKE CAGE, KA-ZAR, and DAZZLER
- Borys Kit on Twitter, 22 May 2014
- KEVIN FEIGE TALKS GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, THE AVENGERS & THE SUB-MARINER
- Joe Quesada Says Marvel Studios Has the Rights to Namor
- Marvel’s hiring writers
- 'Nova' Movie Has "Immediate Potential" At Marvel Studios
- Marvel Studios Kevin Feige Confirms Nova Still On The Board As Potential MCU Character
- Kevin Feige Teases Nova (Richard Rider and Sam Alexander) MCU Debuts
- Marvel Developing ‘Nova’ Project With ‘Moon Knight’ Scribe Sabir Pirzada
- Artisan deal a real Marvel
- Marvel Studios Is Reportedly Planning A Family-Friendly “Spy Kids-Like” POWER PACK Movie
- Marvel Studios Still Wants to Make a Power Pack Movie
- Marvel Studios Developing Runaways With Brian K. Vaughan
- Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios open casting call update for ‘The Runaways’
- Marvel Studios Slows Down 'Runaways'
- Louis Leterrier Would Do Hulk Sequel – More Likely To Happen Now?
- Tim Blake Nelson Signed For More ‘Hulk’ Movies
- Kevin Feige Talks THOR 2, IRON MAN 3, CAPTAIN AMERICA 2, the AVENGERS Sequel, 2014/2015 Releases, and More!
- No ‘Incredible Hulk 2′ Until After ‘The Avengers 2′
- Lou Ferrigno Claims a New Hulk Film Will Follow ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Mark Ruffalo Reveals Universal Owns the Rights to Solo HULK Movies
- Werewolf by Night Movie Update
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Werewolf By Night’ to be a Disney+ series, Working title and filming date revealed
- Marvel is Seeking Latino Lead for Disney+ Halloween Special (Exclusive)
- Gael García Bernal to Star in Marvel’s Werewolf-Focused Disney+ Halloween Special (Exclusive)
- ‘The Nevers’ Star Laura Donnelly Joins Gael Garcia Bernal In Marvel’s Werewolf Halloween Special For Disney+
- Marvel producing 'Werewolf by Night' special for Disney+ in metro Atlanta
- Michael Giacchino Tapped To Direct Marvel’s ‘Werewolf By Night’ Series
- ‘Werewolf By Night’ Production Update (Exclusive)
- Composer Michael Giacchino to Direct Marvel’s Halloween Special
- Moviebuff1219 on Twitter - March 17, 2022
- Exclusive: Laura Donnelly is Playing Elsa Bloodstone in ‘Werewolf By Night’
- Marvel's Werewolf By Night Halloween Special May Have Already Wrapped Production
- Exclusive: Man-Thing to Appear in ‘Werewolf By Night’
- Will "Thor's" Success Spin-Off "The Warriors Three"?