|For alternate versions of Kid Loki, see Kid Loki's Character Hub|
Loki Laufeyson is a variant of Loki who murdered his adoptive brother Thor and was subsequently arrested by the Time Variance Authority, who pruned him and sent him to the Void, where he ruled and befriended other variants of himself.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Facilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Behind the Scenes
- 10 References
- 11 External Links
In his reality within the Sacred Timeline, Loki killed Thor when they were children. This nexus event caused him to be arrested by the Time Variance Authority. He was then pruned and sent to the Void.
King of the Void
After killing his adoptive brother, Thor, Kid Loki was arrested and pruned by the TVA and ended up in the Void with many of his other alternate selves. Among the Lokis, Kid Loki was immensely powerful and respected due to him managing to kill Thor in his timeline, this earned him the unofficial position of King of the Void. He also befriended several other Loki variants, including Classic Loki, Boastful Loki, and Alligator Loki, living with them in a secret underground bunker. During their time in the Void, the group focused exclusively on surviving the looming threat of Alioth and avoiding rival Lokis.
While traveling across the Void, Kid Loki and his allies stumbled across a new Loki variant and helped him escape the all-consuming monster Alioth. Though the new Loki was confused, his yelling almost attracted Alioth, to which Kid Loki silenced him using the Laevateinn. The group warned Loki of Alioth's power and bickered about their plans to leave as Kid Loki ordered the others to follow him. Loki followed shortly after and questioned why the others followed Kid Loki's orders as he revealed that he killed Thor. Soon, the group made their way to the Loki Palace.
Once the group arrived at the Loki Palace, the group settled down and each variant recalled their origins and how they ended up in the Void. Confiding in this moment through a toast, Loki got up and tried to make his way out, hoping to escape the Void, but the others stopped him, warning him that his plan would not work. However, Loki told them about Sylvie Laufeydottir and tried to rally the group, but they laughed at him. Annoyed, Loki tried to leave the Palace, but was stopped by President Loki and his army of Loki variants.
President Loki and his army raided the Palace and surrounded the group, who was angered at Loki, as Loki watched from the side. As Kid Loki tried to confront President Loki, Boastful Loki betrayed Kid Loki and held him hostage, revealing to work with President Loki. However, President Loki also betrayed Boastful Loki, revealing that he had other plans to take the throne. President Loki's army also betrayed him as Alligator Loki approached President Loki. Questioning his presence, Alligator Loki chomped off President Loki's hand as a battle between the Lokis began.
Aiding His Alternate Selves
Walking through the Void after their escape from the Loki Palace, Kid Loki and Classic Loki were enraged by the fact that any change a Loki made to himself would result in his demise in the Void. Loki told them that Sylvie could help them escape the Void as Kid Loki was persuaded in helping Loki. Classic Loki would be persuaded shortly after, though would only help Loki approach Alioth. The group made their way to Alioth's position as Loki explained his plan. Seeing Alioth in action against the USS Eldridge, Loki decided to rethink his plan over.
In the distance, Sylvie and Mobius M. Mobius made their way to the group in a pizza van. As Sylvie got out, Loki rushed to reunite with her and Mobius, though Kid Loki and Classic Loki were confused. Walking over, Loki got the group acquainted with Sylvie and Mobius. Loki told Sylvie that they were going to kill Alioth, but Sylvie was in disbelief and questioned the others' beliefs in him. Kid Loki and Classic Loki hesitated as Sylvie told Loki that the person they were after was contained in Alioth.
Making refuge in a dilapidated building, Mobius pondered on the variants and the thoughts of a Loki. Kid Loki asked Mobius about what he would do once he was back in the TVA. Mobius responded that he would tell everyone the truth, though Classic Loki questioned him turning on his duty. Kid Loki hoped Loki's and Sylvie's plan would work as they rested.
Some time later, the group made their way once more to confront Alioth. As Sylvie finished telling the others her plan, the group began to make their goodbyes as Mobius asked the variants if they wanted to go with him. However, they denied on the offer, opting to stay in the Void as they knew how to survive. Kid Loki offered and handed Loki the Laevateinn to help him distract Alioth as he, alongside Classic Loki and Alligator Loki, left the group.
Though being somewhat arrogant and prideful like his main timeline counterpart, Kid Loki is confident in his abilities to lead and survive as he has for years in the Void. Before coming to the Void, Kid Loki had the same hatred for Thor and Odin, eventually killing Thor and causing his nexus event. However, he had come to open up and work alongside other Loki variants, though he maintained a level of distrust and doubt, which was further raised after the Ambush at the Loki Palace.
Despite this, Kid Loki was able to grow a friendship with Loki and was able to help him fight Alioth by handing him the Laevateinn. When offered the choice to leave the Void by Mobius M. Mobius, Kid Loki chose to stay instead with Classic Loki and Alligator Loki as his philosophy of survival and relative peace outweighed his distaste for the Time Variance Authority.
Powers and Abilities
- Frost Giant Physiology: Kid Loki is a Frost Giant who has been enchanted to look like an Asgardian. Due to his heritage, Kid Loki possesses all of the various superhuman attributes common among his people, including superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes, healing, and was extremely long-lived, as well as the ability to manipulate ice.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Frost Giants, Kid Loki possesses great superhuman strength, numerous times stronger than any normal human being.
- Superhuman Durability: Kid Loki's body is numerous times more resistant to physical and energy damage than any normal human being.
- Superhuman Speed: Kid Loki can run and move at great superhuman speed, much faster than any normal human being.
- Superhuman Agility: Kid Loki naturally possesses far greater agility, equilibrium, flexibility, dexterity, balance, and body coordination than any normal human being.
- Superhuman Stamina: Kid Loki's advanced musculature produces considerably fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than any normal human being. His endurance allows him to exercise his maximum capacity for an extremely long period of time without tiring at all.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Kid Loki can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, much quicker than any normal human being.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his body's resistance, Kid Loki can still be injured like any other Frost Giant. However, his metabolism enables him to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than any normal human being.
- Longevity: Kid Loki, like all other Frost Giants, are extremely long-lived beings, he ages at a pace far slower than any normal human being, being able to live for thousands of years.
- Cold Immunity: Due to his Frost Giant physiology, Kid Loki is immune to cold.
- Master Sorcerer: Like his original counterpart, Kid Loki is a powerful and skilled sorcerer, capable of using magic to cast spells.
- Conjuration: Kid Loki is able to summon objects according to his own will, such as instantly summoning his sword when needed for combat.
- Combatant: Kid Loki was able to slay Thor.
- Multilingualism: Kid Loki is fluent in his native Asgardian, as well as English and Alligator.
- Laevateinn: Kid Loki possessed an Asgardian flaming dagger or short sword that is able to generate fire. Later, he gave the sword to Loki.
- Winged Crown: Unlike any other Loki, Kid Loki wears a winged crown that has small, V-shaped horns resembling the symbol on his chest.
- Loki Palace: At some point after Kid Loki had met the other Lokis, the group had made refuge underground in a makeshift bunker with a collection of pruned relics and redesigned this bunker as their base.
- In the comics, Kid Loki was the reincarnated version of Loki after he was killed, and ended up joining the joined the Young Avengers. Kid Loki's outfit is also a reference to his appearance in the comics.
- According to Jack Veal, Kid Loki is the oldest variant in the Void, having been pruned thousands of years before the events of the season.