A collection of quotes from Karl Mordo.
Spoken by Mordo
- "You're ready when the relic decides you're ready... For now, conjure a weapon. Fight! Fight like your life depended on it! Because one day it may."
- ―Karl Mordo to Doctor Strange
- "You think I'm wrong to cast him out?"
"Five hours later, he's still on your doorstep. There's a strength to him."
"Stubbornness, arrogance, ambition... I've seen it all before."
"He reminds you of Kaecilius?"
"I can not lead another gifted student to power, only to lose him to the darkness."
"You didn't lose me. I wanted the power to defeat my enemies. You gave me the power to defeat my demons. And to live within the natural law."
"We never lose our demons, Mordo. We only learn to live above them."
"Kaecilius still has the stolen pages. If he deciphers them, he could bring ruin upon us all. There may be dark days ahead. Perhaps Kamar-Taj could use a man like Strange."
- ―Ancient One and Karl Mordo
- "Stop! Tampering with continuum probabilities is forbidden!"
"I-I-I was just doing exactly what it said in the book!"
"And what did the book say about the dangers of performing that ritual?"
"I don't know, I hadn't gotten to that part yet."
"Temporal manipulations can create branches in time. Unstable dimensional openings. Spatial paradoxes! Time loops! You wanna get stuck reliving the same moment over and over forever or never having existed at all?"
"They really should put the warnings before this spell."
- ―Karl Mordo, Doctor Strange and Wong
- "That one looks a little more Kamar-Tajey."
"I once stood in your place. And I, too, was... disrespectful. So might I offer you some advice? Forget everything you think you know."
- ―Stephen Strange and Karl Mordo
- "You lack imagination."
"No, Stephen. You lack a spine."
- ―Doctor Strange and Karl Mordo
- "Can I help you?"
"They carried you into Kamar-Taj on a stretcher. Look at you now, Pangborn."
"Mordo. So what can I do for you, man?"
"I've been away for many months now and I've had a revelation. The true purpose of a sorcerer is to twist things out of their proper shape. Stealing power. Perverting nature. Like you."
"I've stolen nothing. This is my power. Mine."
"Power has a purpose."
"Why are you doing this?"
"Because I see at long last what's wrong with the world. Too many sorcerers."
- ―Jonathan Pangborn and Karl Mordo
- "They always want a fight, don't they?"
"Unfortunately for them, yes."
- ―Karl Mordo and Ancient One
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.