- "You wouldn't believe how expensive these things are. Untraceable, alien metal, explosive."
"You hit Luke Cage with one of these. He's still alive. If it didn't work, what's the big deal?"
"Well, you don't need to kill God with one shot to sell a weapon. You just need to make him bleed."
- ―Diamondback and Black Mariah
The Judas Bullet is a special kind of prototype firearm ammunition developed by Hammer Industries using metal salvaged from the Chitauri Invasion. Later, a weaker type is produced for the New York City Police Department, dubbed Judas 2.0.
- "Based on a prototype by Hammer. The rounds are a composite, invisible to metal detectors. And they incinerate forensic evidence, so they are untraceable."
"What kind of metal does that?"
"Nothing from this Earth."
"That's what I hear. [...] If you wanted to kill Jesus, that's the bullet you'd use. That's why they call it the Judas."
- ―Shades and Cottonmouth
- "Nie martw się będziesz bezpieczny. To wszystko pracuje."
- ―Test firer
When Shades explained exactly how much the bullet would cost, Cottonmouth realized he was unable to afford it, and therefore his only option was to consider hiring Diamondback to kill Cage for him, with Shades noting that if that happened, Diamondback would take over Harlem. Refusing to allow this to happen, Cottonmouth decided that he would return the Hammer Industries guns back to Domingo Colon's people and sort out that situation so Diamondback would lend him the money he needed to get the Judas and finally kill Cage once and for all.
Attack on Luke Cage
In an attempt on Luke Cage's life, Diamondback shot Luke twice with these bullets, which caused near-fatal injuries for him with a shot to the gut and shoulder. They can penetrate Cage's skin because of the unique properties of the Chitauri metal which could drill into him. It was only by heating up his body at a high temperature that Claire Temple and Noah Burstein were able to remove the shrapnel from Cage's body, saving his life just in time.
Shooting at the Director
Jeffrey Mace, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., was targeted by a sniper, Yuri Zaikin, during a press conference. The bullet used struck his podium after he used it as a shield, then proceeded to spark and grind into it before blowing it up, characteristics of the first generation of the Judas bullet.
- "The rounds are a composite, invisible to metal detectors. And they incinerate forensic evidence, so they are untraceable."
|Appearances for Judas Bullets|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Diamondback used a set of explosive knives to kill his adversaries.
- Due to the Chitauri metal used in the bullet's creation, it is very expensive to purchase. When writing down the price, Shades lifted the pen five times, implying that it is a six digit number.