- "This past weekend, Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship. Later that day, they also defeated death. No one was seriously injured, thanks to the Spider-Man. Thank you, Spider-Man. Up next, the Spider-Man mania is sweeping through the school! How can you show your spider spirit?"
- ―Jason Ionello
- "Students, don't forget about your Homecoming tickets. Do you have a date for Homecoming?"
"Thanks, Jason, but I already have a date."
- ―Jason Ionello and Betty Brant
During a physical education course, Ionello sat with Liz Toomes, Seymour O'Reilly and Brant, listening to the girls commenting on the Robbery at Queens Community Bank and how Spider-Man had intervened. Like everyone else, Ionello was surprised to hear Ned Leeds claiming that Peter Parker knew Spider-Man.
Ionello later reported the victory of the Academic Decathlon Team in Washington, D.C., as well as the Rescue at the Washington Monument. Ionello then commented that a Spider-Man-mania was overrunning the school and invited the students to find creative ways to express their fascination for Spider-Man.
Ionello and Brant also informed the students about Herman Schultz being found in the school's bus yard, webbed to a bus with Spider-Man's Synthetic Webbing. They also presented a news segment in which various people across the school, including Roger Harrington, Michelle Jones and Leeds, were asked about their insights regarding Spider-Man's true identity.
Ionello was a victim of the Snap in 2018, but along with all other victims, was brought back to life by the Hulk in 2023. He was shocked to find his little brother was now older than him, and that he would be forced to restart his school year from scratch, despite having taken his midterm before being erased.
- Younger Brother
- Midtown School of Science and Technology
- Morita - Principal
- Wilson - Teacher
- Roger Harrington - Teacher
- Betty Brant - Classmate and Co-Host
- Peter Parker - Classmate
- Michelle Jones - Classmate
- Flash Thompson - Classmate
- Ned Leeds - Classmate
- Chris Buongiorno - Classmate
- Sue Lorman - Classmate
- Brad Davis - Classmate
- Kenneth Lim - Classmate
- Vienna Hammarky - Classmate
- Liz Toomes - Former Classmate
- Seymour O'Reilly - Former Classmate
- Abe Brown - Former Classmate
- Charles Murphy - Former Classmate
- Cindy Moon - Former Classmate
- Sally Avril - Former Classmate
- Tiny McKeever - Former Classmate
- Bruce Banner/Hulk - Resurrector
- Thanos † - Killer
- In the comics, Jason Ionello was a practical joker and part of Flash Thompson's gang. He was particularly close to Sally Avril and much like her, idolized Spider-Man while looking down on Peter Parker. After accidentally getting involved in a crash that ended Avril's life, Ionelle became withdrawn and suicidal until he was convinced to blame someone else by Vulture.