Spoken by Jackson Norriss
- "My name is Jackson Norris. Today will be the most important of my career: my final interview with the most infamous man in America. A man that the world thought was a terrorist called the Mandarin, but is now alleged to be nothing but an actor. Thus far, the subject has been evasive and apparently oblivious to the point of my work. In fact, he seems oblivious to pretty much everything, except his own growing celebrity status, because now the whole world knows his name...This is my last chance to get beyond his lies and excuses, to confront the subject with elements of his own past, in order to unlock the truth. Because we need to know, once and for all: who is Trevor Slattery?"
- ―Jackson Norriss
- "I can't imagine, starting out, you'd ever thought you'd end up in some place like this."
"Yeah, not bad, eh? That whole "rolling on people" thing gets you the VIP treatment."
"It looks like you're living comfortably."
"There are things that I miss. Ketamine, obviously. And the birds. But you know, you make do in that department. I mean, we've all been to drama school, have we not? You know what I'm saying?"
"Okay, look, Trevor, this is our last day. Okay?"
"Yes, finally. And we've covered a lot of the logistics. Your recruitment by Aldrich Killian, the creation of an amalgam warlord by his think tank..."
"Whom I brought to life. Carry on."
"The one question that most people ask me when I tell them that I know you is that, "How could he have not known what was going on?""
"Three little words."
"Okay. To bring this film to a close, I'd like to know more about the man behind the mask. The real Trevor Slattery. You know, with all the Internet gossip and tabloid exposés, not much is known about you personally."
"Well, I think that an actor does better to keep a shred of mystery, otherwise, you know, it can colour the audience's perception. What have you got there?"
"I found this in the vaults of an English newspaper called The Liverpool Echo. That's you and your mother, right?"
"Yeah, it is. October 12th, 1964. That was the day I landed my first role. Boatswain 1, Shakespeare's Tempest. Obviously, I told her it was the lead. I always was a bloody great liar."
"So, I assume the two of you were close."
"She was everything to me."
"She passed in 1986, but you weren't there when she "
"No, I wasn't. I was here in America for my big break. And this would be the TV pilot for the CBS network. Caged Heat. Wonderful piece, about avenging Russian police cop with anger issues let loose on Los Angeles. I wish I had a copy. I wish I had copy."
"Actually, Trevor, I managed to find some footage of that as well."
"Oh, oh, oh. Handsome lad. Handsome lad. Yeah, it's compelling. Sean Connery made a pass at me once. Everyone on the set called him "Mr. Connery." He called me "Trev." "You're very talented, Trev.""
"That's fascinating. Was that a monkey drinking vodka?"
"Yes. Yes! And still those knobs at the network didn't pick it up. I think it was too sophisticated for them."
"That was the break that broke me."
"Well, right there. You seem to typify your life as a series of missed opportunities, but yet, you don't tend to take responsibility for many of them."
"My responsibility is to my muse. I'm an actor, love, not a bloody rocket surgeon."
"Hmm. But, possibly, your portrayal has angered some people. I mean, some whom are very dangerous."
"You don't have to tell me, mate. I've seen those bloody Internet message boards. Vicious."
"I'm not talking about the message boards. I'm talking about the Ten Rings."
"The terrorist group historically associated with the Mandarin. Officially they're dormant, but evidence suggests that they're becoming more active."
"What, the Ten Rings? Are they real?"
"It's well documented."
"That is so cool."
- ―Jackson Norriss and Trevor Slattery
- "So, you mean to tell me that you don't know the history of the Mandarin himself. He was a warrior-king. Inspired generations of men through the Middle Ages, perhaps even further back in time."
"Blah, blah, blah. Who bloody cares, mate? It's a show people want and I gave them a good one. It's not the Mandarin they'll remember. It's the name "Trevor Slattery". It's the brand. "Trev"."
"You're right. And for that sin you will soon suffer horribly with a hole in your body for every ring of our faith."
"You heard me."
- ―Jackson Norriss and Trevor Slattery
- "You killed my butler."
"You're not capable of pulling that trigger, Mr. Slattery."
"I'm an out of work actor, love. You have no idea what I'm capable of. And, thanks to the CBS network, I'm pretty good with a handgun. Oh..."
"Consider this a lesson in what's real and what's not."
"Why do people keep pointing guns at my head? Please. I don't want to die. I don't want to die."
"Target acquired and in position. Extraction unit, mobilize. I'm not the one that's going to kill you, Mr. Slattery. I'm here to break you out."
"Not really. You see, there's somebody who wants to meet you."
"Do I know him?"
"No, but you took his name. And now he wants it back."
"Oh... No. Sorry. I still don't get it."
- ―Trevor Slattery and Jackson Norriss
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.