|For alternate versions of Jack Rollins, see Jack Rollins' Character Hub|
Jackson "Jack" Rollins is a HYDRA operative that was part of the infiltration of S.H.I.E.L.D., acting as a member of STRIKE. During the HYDRA Uprising, he was tasked with capturing Captain America alongside Brock Rumlow.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Facilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Behind the Scenes
- 8 References
- 9 External Links
Agent of HYDRA
Recovering Loki's Scepter
In 2012, following the Battle of New York, Rollins was present along with his STRIKE unit, Brock Rumlow and Jasper Sitwell at Stark Tower, where they were tasked by HYDRA to recover Loki's Scepter. Black Widow gave them the Scepter before the Avengers brought Loki and the Tesseract to the first floor, where they met Alexander Pierce and his STRIKE team. Rollins then accompanied Sitwell, Rumlow and his fellow agents to take the Scepter to Doctor List to be studied, but not before informing Pierce that they were on route towards List.
Rollins joined STRIKE, Captain America, and the Black Widow in freeing the Lemurian Star from the control of Algerian pirate, Georges Batroc. As they prepared to board the ship, Rollins was both impressed and shocked to see Rogers leap from the Quinjet without a parachute. Rollins and the rest of STRIKE then attacked the ship silently after Rogers had taken out most of the guards. Rollins and Rumlow blew open a door and shot the remaining guards in a quick, coordinated fashion before escaping with the hostages, including Jasper Sitwell.
As the end of Project Insight approached, Rollins was ordered by Alexander Pierce to capture Captain America in an elevator. Rollins entered the elevator alongside Brock Rumlow and the rest of STRIKE, cornering Rogers. Rogers, however, became suspicious and noticed a bead of sweat coming out Rollins' neck; he gave the team a final chance to escape. Rollins instead attacked Rogers with Taser Rods only to be knocked unconscious. When he awoke, he found the rest of STRIKE had likewise been defeated and Rogers had escaped. Rollins later joined STRIKE on several unsuccessful attempts to capture Rogers, including searching in a shopping mall and the destroyed Camp Lehigh.
Capturing Captain America
Eventually STRIKE captured Captain America, Black Widow, and Falcon after their fight with the Winter Soldier. Rollins held a rifle to the back of Rogers' head, wanting to kill him after his beating in the elevator.
Rumlow ordered him not to fire, as a news helicopter hovered above them, preferring to wait until they were clear of the media to kill the three. They drove their hostages to a secure location and once they were clear, Rollins drew his gun while Rumlow ordered his men to dig three graves. However, when they opened the doors to execute them, Rollins and Rumlow discovered they had escaped with the help of Maria Hill and a Mouse Hole device.
Rollins then guarded Winter Soldier when he was taken to the Ideal Federal Savings Bank to have his damaged arm repaired. Alexander Pierce and Rumlow then arrived and Rollins witnessed Pierce talk to the Winter Soldier. Pierce was able to coax him into compliance before erasing his memories once again. Rollins and Rumlow then escorted Pierce from the building.
As Captain America revealed to all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents the truth about Project Insight and HYDRA, specifically naming STRIKE as HYDRA traitors, Rollins was ordered by Alexander Pierce to take the members of the World Security Council hostage with a team of STRIKE soldiers. Rollins complied with the order, until Hawley revealed herself to be Black Widow in disguise and proceeded to incapacitate Rollins and the other STRIKE members guarding the council.
In an alternate 2012, when Rollins and the STRIKE team arrived at Stark Tower to collect the Scepter, they were intercepted in the elevator by Captain America, unaware he was from 2023. Captain America asked for them to hand over the Scepter, but they refused, as they were secretly apart of HYDRA. However, using his future knowledge, Captain America pretended to also be a HYDRA agent, tricking them into giving him the Scepter.
As a member of both STRIKE and HYDRA, Rollins is no nonsense individual. He appears to only be concerned with the fulfillment of his missions, to the point that he was willing to execute Captain America in broad daylight under a news helicopter, and only lowered his rifle after being urged to do so multiple times by Brock Rumlow. Rollins rarely shows emotion, only showing the smallest bit of awe when Captain America jumped from a plane without a parachute.
- Expert Combatant: As a member of STRIKE team, Rollins is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant. Rollins was able to hold his own against Captain America for tasering him when the whole STRIKE team tried to subdue him, though he was ultimately defeated.
- Expert Marksman: Rollins is a very accurate marksman skilled in sharpshooting, being able to accurately land a single shot to a target's head without needing a second shot.
- Expert Spy: Rollins managed to hide his true identity as a HYDRA sleeper agent from S.H.I.E.L.D., forming a team partnership with Captain America in the process of doing operative missions.
- Glock 19: Rollins carried this handgun as his sidearm during his missions for STRIKE, such as when he escorted the Scepter out of Stark Tower following the Battle of New York, and in order to try to advance HYDRA's agenda by threatening the World Security Council at gunpoint until he was knocked out by Black Widow.
- M4A1 Carbine: The standard weapon used by S.H.I.E.L.D. Strike Team members, which Rollins used while trying to capture Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff in Camp Lehigh. Rollins would have used his carbine to execute Rogers in Washington, D.C., but Brock Rumlow stopped him from doing it in public.
- Bulletproof Vest: Rollins wore a bulletproof vest during his time as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent for protection during missions.
|This section requires expansion|
|This section requires expansion|
- Triskelion: To be added