The Iron Man Armor: Mark XLIX, also known as the Rescue Armor, is an armor used by Pepper Potts. It was designed by Tony Stark, and bears a strong resemblance to the Iron Man Armor: Mark LXXXV. Potts used it during the Battle of Earth to fight Thanos' army alongside her husband, the Avengers and their allies.
Stark eventually hid the suit in the garage at his house. Later, their daughter Morgan found it and wore the helmet while playing outside. Stark returned the helmet to the garage after telling Morgan that it was a present for Potts and jokingly lamented that she never wore stuff he made for her.
Following the Blip, the Masters of the Mystic Arts contacted Pepper Potts to join the Avengers in the final battle against Thanos. Potts then showed up to help fight Thanos and his forces using the armor. She fought side by side with her husband in the first rush of the Avengers, displaying technology from her suit that was on par with all of the innovations utilized by Stark in his LXXXV armor.
At another point in the battle, Potts alerted Doctor Strange to the deluge of water from the Hudson threatening to swamp the area where the Avengers were battling the forces of Thanos. Her warning gave Strange enough time to utilize a powerful enchantment to prevent the water from flooding the armies as they faced each other.
She was one of several heroes who attempted to get Spider-Man to Luis' Van in order to send the Infinity Stones back into the past. After Spider-Man handed off the Nano Gauntlet to Captain Marvel, Potts joined Scarlet Witch, Mantis, Valkyrie, Okoye, Shuri, Wasp, Gamora and Nebula in a skirmish with forces led by Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive. Her blasts brought down a Leviathan and later along with Shuri as well as Wasp, briefly dispelled Thanos back with their combined energy blasts.
At the end, when Stark sacrificed his life to eliminate Thanos and his army, Potts was present along with Spider-Man, War Machine, Captain America and Thor to witness Stark's last moments, encouraging him to rest and assuring him that they would be fine.
- HUD: Like Tony Stark's armors, the suit contains a heads up display within the helmet to allow Pepper Potts to analyze the environment. She can utilize the display for targeting assistance.
- Superhuman Durability: Potts' suit of armor is extremely durable as it was able to survive the chaos within the Battle of Earth.
- Superhuman Strength: The armor also increases Potts' strength to the point where she was able to fend off several of Thanos' foot-soldiers during the climatic battle. While not confirmed, it can be assumed that her strength levels with the armor are on par with that of the Mark LXXXV.
- Repulsors:The suit contains repulsors allowing Potts to unleash powerful blasts of energy from her hands at an intensity similar to that of the Mark L and Mark LXXXV armors used by Iron Man. Like the Iron Man armors, the repulsors in her suit also grant Potts the ability to fly.
- Autonomous Energy Displacer Sentries: The suit can deploy advanced energy displacer arrays that can unleash blasts of repulsor energies. It is shown to even destroy a Necrocraft in a single blast.
- Unibeam: The suit can send out an extraordinary blast of energy from its chest, similar to Tony's previous armors.
- In the comics, Pepper Potts' "Rescue" Armor is red and silver; the purple-and-silver coloration seen in Avengers: Endgame originated with the suit's appearance in the Iron Man: Armored Adventures animated series.
|Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark XV • Mark XVI • Mark XVII •
Mark XVIII • Mark XIX • Mark XX • Mark XXI • Mark XXII • Mark XXIII • Mark XXIV • Mark XXV • Mark XXVI •
Mark XXVII • Mark XXVIII • Mark XXIX • Mark XXX • Mark XXXI • Mark XXXII • Mark XXXIII • Mark XXXIV •
Mark XXXV • Mark XXXVI • Mark XXXVII • Mark XXXVIII • Mark XXXIX • Mark XL • Mark XLI
Mark XLII • Mark XLIII • Mark XLIV/Veronica • Mark XLV • Mark XLVI • Mark XLVII • Mark XLVIII • Mark L • Mark LXXXV
|Mark I • Mark II/Iron Patriot • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII|
|Mark I • Mark II|
|Spider-Man Suit • Iron Spider Armor|
|Iron Man Armor: Mark XLIX|