The Mark VI Iron Man Armor was Tony Stark's sixth Iron Man suit and was built to replace the Mark IV after Stark created an improved Arc Reactor with a higher energy output using a new element. It was the first and only classic (I-VII) armor to have a triangular chest piece. It was notably used by Stark to defeat Whiplash, capture Loki and repair the Helicarrier.
Due to the poisoning caused by the palladium in his arc reactor, Tony Stark created a new element from his father's research to replace the palladium core, creating a new, more powerful Arc Reactor. Based on this new Arc Reactor, Stark constructed the Mark VI to withstand and better utilize the energy output of the new reactor, which the Mark IV could not. Using it he flew to the Stark Expo to confront Justin Hammer, find Ivan Vanko, and reclaim the Mark II from James Rhodes.
Upon arrival, he discovered that Vanko had built a battalion of military drones for Hammer Industries and that the Mark II had been weaponized and re-named "War Machine". Regardless, Stark attempted to have Rhodes help him in his mission. At that moment, Vanko took control of War Machine and the drones. Pushed to its limits the Mark VI destroyed most of the drones and fought War Machine in a fist fight until Black Widow rebooted the Mark II's software.
Together, the two went on to fight the remaining drones before engaging Whiplash in a final confrontation. When all of the drones were set to self-destruct, Stark used the suit to save Pepper Potts. The Mark VI was left heavily damaged by the end of the battle.
Building Stark Tower
Eventually, the Mark VI was repaired and used during the construction of Stark Tower. Stark used the Mark VI in a large part of the tower's construction, claiming that he did most of the "heavy lifting". Stark added several features to the tower to accommodate his activities as Iron Man, such as installing a special gantry system in the penthouse so the Mark VI could be removed, assembled and stored. When Stark Tower was completed, Stark used the Mark VI to disconnect the tower from New York's power grid.
Tony Stark used the suit to fly to Germany to assist Captain America in capturing Loki during an attack in Stuttgart. While transporting Loki, their Quinjet was intercepted by Thor, who made off with Loki. Stark pursued Thor in the Mark VI and fought him but found himself overwhelmed by the mighty Asgardian, although he still held his own, until Captain America stepped in to end it.
While on the Helicarrier the Mark VI was kept in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s armory. During an attack on the Helicarrier by a mind-controlled Hawkeye and a group of mercenaries, Stark took the Mark VI and attempted to manually repair and restart the damaged turbines on the Helicarrier. While successful, Stark was not able to exit the turbine's fan in time, causing severe damage to Mark VI. Upon discovering Loki's location, Stark repaired the armor and used it to fly to Stark Tower. On arrival, it was clear that the Mark VI was not combat worthy in its damaged state. Thus, Stark relinquished the Mark VI in order to switch to the untested Mark VII to fend off Loki's army.
A step above the previous Iron Man armors, the Mark VI improves on many of the features of the previous suits. The core of the suit's improvements stems from the new Arc Reactor, which supplies a significantly higher amount of energy to the suit than ever before.
Like the previous models, the suit increased the physical abilities of the wearer, giving Tony Stark superhuman strength, durability, movement speed and reflexes. The suit contains improved flight and weapons systems, including repulsors that are capable of charging up faster, and an improved, triangular shaped unibeam lens. This suit also demonstrated a higher level of mobility than the previous suits, allowing Stark to perform much more acrobatic movements both during flight and in combat. Several advancements were made to the weapons systems that were carried over from previous suits as well as the addition of several new weapons. The suit also had integrated lighting on the shoulders in order to function in dark environments.
- Superhuman Strength: To be added
- Superhuman Durability: To be added
- Superhuman Speed: To be added
- Superhuman Agility: To be added
- Superhuman Stamina: To be added
- Superhuman Reflexes: To be added
- Flight: To be added
- Heads Up Display (HUD): The Heads-Up display showed important things for the suit. The Heads Up Display of the Iron Man suit was powered by J.A.R.V.I.S., Stark's artificial intelligence. The Suit also had Defensive and Offensive sections, able to switch around the sections, resorting to missiles and lasers. The HUD could also be talked to, and J.A.R.V.I.S. would reply to it. The HUD could scan people, missile identifications, make calls, and give crucial suit credentials such as power. The HUD also had navigational (GPS) support. The suit also had radio capabilities.
- Self-Contained Life-Support System and Environmental Protection: The armor could be completely sealed for operations in vacuum or underwater, providing its own life support. It was also shielded against radiation. The armor was shown to be capable of operating underwater, was resistant to water damage, and displayed no sign of faults once submerged underwater. This is the first suit to demonstrate underwater capabilities, remaining watertight at shallow, tidal depths, demonstrated as Stark switched out the electrical system of Stark Tower in the Hudson River.
- Energy Conversion Power Recharge: The armor was able to absorb and convert energy sources, such as heat, kinetic energy or energy from the planet itself into electricity, directly into the batteries for recharge. Thor struck the Mark VI armor with a full lightning blast from Mjølnir, but Stark was amazed to find that all it did was charge up the suit to 475%, allowing him to use a powerful repulsor blast and increase his strength substantially enough to give Thor a decent fight.
- Repulsors: Particle weapons in the palm gauntlets that fired beams or blasts of concussive and explosive force, allowing them to repel physical and energy-based attacks. The repulsor beams were shown to be capable of being condensed in size and width, which allowed them to weld and cut through metal.  It enabled him to knock down and stun Loki. When the suit was charged with additional power, the repulsors were powerful enough to stun even a superhuman with sufficient durability like Thor. The repulsors could become small laser-like welding beams, which Stark used to install an Arc Reactor for Stark Tower.
- Unibeam: A more powerful version of the hand repulsor located in the chest.
- Lasers: The most notable addition to the suit was a 200-petawatt laser system, located on the back of each hand, that, when used, can easily cut through virtually any material, including most metals. However, the lasers can only be used once before having to eject the burnt out cartridges.
- Missiles: The suit retained the anti-tank missiles housed in each arm of the suit, as well as a ring of micro-munition missiles housed in each gauntlet of the suit. These small missiles can be fired at an enemy and are able to embed themselves in a surface before detonating.
- Smart Micro-Guns: The armor has micro-gun system concealed in each shoulder of the suit.
- The suit was modeled after the Extremis Armor from the comics, as symbolized in the triangular arc reactor.
|Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark XV • Mark XVI • Mark XVII •
Mark XVIII • Mark XIX • Mark XX • Mark XXI • Mark XXII • Mark XXIII • Mark XXIV • Mark XXV • Mark XXVI •
Mark XXVII • Mark XXVIII • Mark XXIX • Mark XXX • Mark XXXI • Mark XXXII • Mark XXXIII • Mark XXXIV •
Mark XXXV • Mark XXXVI • Mark XXXVII • Mark XXXVIII • Mark XXXIX • Mark XL • Mark XLI
Mark XLII • Mark XLIII • Mark XLIV/Veronica • Mark XLV • Mark XLVI • Mark XLVII • Mark XLVIII • Mark L • Mark LXXXV
|Mark I • Mark II/Iron Patriot • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|Mark I • Mark II|
|Spider-Man Suit • Iron Spider Armor|
|Iron Man Armor: Mark XLIX|