|For other uses, see Iron Man (disambiguation)|
Tony Stark represents the newest weapon to the US Military at the weapons testing ground in Arizona. Stark's secretary Pepper Potts gives the weapon's specifics to the generals while Stark and his friend James Rhodes go to a night club. He enjoys the company of two girls while Rhodes tries to convince him not to go to Afghanistan. Stark is then attacked by a man whose girlfriend he previously seduced, but Rhodes easily defeats the attacker. Later, Stark, Rhodes, and the girls go to Tony Stark's Mansion.
After Tony Stark's battle with Obadiah Stane, Stark and Rhodes are taken to a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. base where they encounter Agent Phil Coulson. Coulson tells Stark that his fight against the Iron Monger was good, but he needs to learn how to become a real fighter, and that the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents will teach him.
This section requires expansion
- Tony Stark/Iron Man
- James Rhodes
- Pepper Potts
- Phil Coulson
- Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger (archive footage and mentioned)
- Jennifer (mentioned)
- Los Angeles, California
- Afghanistan (mentioned)
- Duel of Los Angeles (archive footage)
- Iron Man Armor: Mark III (archive footage)
- Iron Monger Armor (archive footage)
- Arc Reactor (archive footage)
- Jericho (mentioned)
- Dogs (mentioned)
- The comic is featured in Iron Man: I Am Iron Man! (collection).
- Issue 2 contradicts Iron Man: Security Measures where Phil Coulson is at S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters during Tony Stark's press conference where he admitted to the public that he is Iron Man, while Fast Friends shows Coulson present at the conference.