A list of trivia related to Inhumans.
References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- The Terrigen Crystals and the Terrigen Mist were designed to match their appearance in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- The Sokovia Accords, introduced in Captain America: Civil War, were indirectly mentioned.
- Dave says that Crystal is like a "God of Thunder", a reference to Thor.
References to Marvel Comics
- Characters from Marvel Comics adapted into the show as main cast during its first season are Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Lockjaw, Karnak, Gorgon and Maximus.
- The character of Auran, while having the name of that character, has the role of the leader of the Crimson Cadre member and leader of General Ator.
- Despite not looking as the more iconic costumes, several of the suits the characters wear take inspiration from certain comics. For Medusa, it is derived from her Earth-10333 outfilt. For Crystal it is from Women of Marvel Vol 1 #1. For Karnak he wears the jacket variation used in modern comics, which debuted in his own comic book series.
- Gorgon's second terrigenesis, was also an event that happened in the Marvel Comics Universe. However, instead of Karnak triggering the event, it was S.H.I.E.L.D. that forced him.
- Inhumans initially began as a movie in development by Marvel Studios with a 2019 release date. The film was removed from Marvel Studios' Phase Three slate in April 2016, ant the TV series was announced eight months later.
- Inhumans is Scott Buck's second Marvel television series, the first being Iron Fist.