- "I was going out every night. Trying to keep the peace. I was getting better at using the Fist. I... I didn't even need to think about it. It was just there. And with it, a sense of clarity. Momentum. Grace. A feeling that would just move through me. When I really got into a flow, I... I could feel something. It was the dragon. Shou-Lao. I could feel his eyes watching me. His fire burning inside of me. And I welcomed him. All of his... all of his anger, his power... and his rage. And when the dragon was really with me it felt good. It felt like I could break the world."
- ―Danny Rand to Ward Meachum
Davos uses his newly-gained Iron Fist powers to rescue a man threatened by Golden Tigers for not paying his protection money. He asks the man where he can find more Golden Tigers and is directed to a club where they hang out.
Misty Knight and Colleen Wing worry about Danny Rand, ever since the dropped call that suggested Mary Walker was attacking him, even though Mary does not seem like the violent type. Misty starts working the disappearance like a detective, since Mary called the apartment and they can backtrace the call and left prints on a piece of artwork she left.
Meanwhile, Walker releases Danny on the street, and films him. She then heads to Joy Meachum to show her the video of Danny's plight. Joy wants to watch it later, but Walker says that will not work for her – Joy has to watch it now, then she erases it. Joy will message Walker when her money is ready, but Walker gives her some advice for free – do not trust Davos.
Colleen and Misty meet Ward Meachum to trace Mary's fingerprints, reasoning that Rand Enterprises corporation could do it faster than the New York City Police Department. It also had the benefit of keeping Danny's name out of an public inquiry, so Ward agrees to put corporate security on the task.
Davos takes down Golden Tigers at their club, including their leader, Mr. Ho. Chen Wu, now missing an eye, shifts his allegiance to Davos saying that he could be very useful to him. Davos agrees and tells him to meet him in two hours with a list of criminals or he will face the same fate as Ho.
Colleen and Misty continue to look for Danny while he is held captive by Ryhno's gang. Danny tries to persuade BB to call Colleen, noting that if Danny dies, he has to live with it.
Davos and Joy meet; Joy wants to make it clear that their partnership is at an end since nothing Davos does can blow back on what she is trying to build. They united to take down Danny, and that is all. Davos wants Joy at his side to help him destroy the crime in New York City. Joy says she will consider it; Davos tells her that every decision from now on has a consequenece.
Misty takes Colleen to the crime scene where Davos killed the Golden Tigers in the club. While there, Colleen gets a call from BB telling her Danny's location. They rescue him from Ryhno's hideout, and he tells them about losing the Iron Fist. Danny insists on no doctors, so Ward gets Bethany to treat him at home. Ward brings everyone up to speed on Mary Walker – she's a former special ops soldier with a heavily redacted file. Misty and Colleen head off to make sure Joy is safe.
Joy brings Walker to the apartment for her money, but wants to hire her as protection from Davos as well. Colleen and Misty arrive and find both in the apartment and take them back to Danny's. Joy admits to being part of Davos' plan to hurt Danny and tells him that he is not finished yet.
In flashbacks, Davos recovers from his fight with Danny, and his distant relationship with his mother, Priya, is explored.
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist
- Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing
- Tom Pelphrey as Ward Meachum
- Jessica Stroup as Joy Meachum
- Sacha Dhawan as Davos
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Alice Eve as Mary Walker
- Giullian Yao Gioiello as BB
- Natalie Smith as Bethany
- Fernando Chien as Chen Wu
- Marcus Ho as Ho
- Gita Reddy as Priya
- Jason Lai as Ryhno
- Sky Lakota-Lynch as Crank
- Sydney Mae Diaz as Hex
- Jowin Marie Batoon as Torx
- Jeremy Lanuti as Young Danny Rand
- Shiv Pai as Young Davos
- Nina Kassa as Sammy
- Paul Juhn as Factory Owner
- James Tam as Golden Tiger
- New York City, New York
- K'un-Lun (flashbacks)
- Paris, France (mentioned)
- Triad War
- Rescue of Danny Rand
- Capture of Mary Walker
- Duel of K'un-Lun (mentioned in flashback)
- Trial of Shou-Lao (mentioned in flashback)
- Destruction of Midland Circle (mentioned)
- Capture of Iron Fist (mentioned)
- Assassination of Harold Meachum (mentioned)
- Battle at the Rand Enterprises Building (mentioned)
- Air Crash in the Himalayas (mentioned)
- Rand Enterprises
- Golden Tigers
- New York City Police Department
- Ryhno's Gang
- Order of the Crane Mother (flashback)
- Hand (mentioned)
- United States Army (mentioned)
- Special Operations (mentioned)
- "Heart of the Dragon" is the title of Marvel Premiere Vol 1 #16.
- The "6-1-6" police radio call for superhuman abilities is a nod to Earth-616, the main Marvel Universe.