Master of Mystic Arts
Introduced to Doctor Strange
Karl Mordo brought Stephen Strange to the Ancient One at Kamar-Taj as the latter hoped she could mend his damaged hands. At first, Strange mistaked Hamir for the Ancient One due to his preconceived ideas.
Stephen Strange was complaining to the Ancient One that he can't make a portal with his Sling Ring because his hands were shaking. So the Ancient One called Hamir to show him that he can make magic even though his hand was missing. Then Hamir demonstrated his magic to him, indicating that Strange can do the same thing as him as long as he did more practice.
Powers and Abilities
- Master Sorcerer: As a member of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, Hamir possessing a considerable mastery of the mystic arts, which he uses to defend his native reality.
- Masters of the Mystic Arts
- In the comics, Hamir the Hermit is the father of Wong and the attendant of the Ancient One.
- Hamir, having been mistaken by Stephen Strange to be the Ancient One, is a reference to the latter's appearance in the comics.
Behind the Scenes
- Director Scott Derrickson has stated that he would like to further explore Hamir's mysterious nature in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.