"Halfworlder" is the label given to a caste of lower lifeforms that have been artificially augmented at the location known as Halfworld.
Halfworld, a planet located within the Keystone Quadrant, is the location of a series of experiments on animals. The experiments involved the animals undergoing extensive genetic and cybernetic augmentation. These beings are more widely known as Halfworlders.
One Halfworlder, a raccoon-like being named Rocket, became a freelance mercenary alongside the Flora colossus known as Groot, before becoming a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and later joining the Avengers.
Halfworlders are animals that have gone over extensive genetic and cybernetic augmentation. These experiments left them with more enhanced intellect, strength, durability, agility, and senses than their regular animal counterparts.
- What If...?
- Avengers: Endgame (alternate timeline)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Galaxy's Most Wanted
- Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude
- Guardians of the Galaxy Prequel Infinite Comic
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (flashback)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Avengers: Endgame
- Thor: Love and Thunder (unreleased)
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (unreleased)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (unreleased)
- In the comics, Halfworlders are a species of artificially-engineered animals created by an alien species on the planet Halfworld.