|For other uses, see Guardians of the Galaxy (disambiguation)|
The Guardians of the Galaxy are a band of intergalactic outlaws, who teamed together to protect the galaxy from planetary threats. They managed to save the planet of Xandar from Ronan the Accuser and have been recognized under the Nova Empire. Several months later, they defeated the Abilisk, attracted the unwelcome attentions of Ayesha and her Sovereign fleet, and defeated Ego.
Four years after that, the Guardians joined forces with the Avengers to stop Thanos from collecting the Infinity Stones. However, Gamora was kidnapped by Thanos who later sacrificed her for the Soul Stone. Despite their best efforts to stop Thanos, they were defeated on Titan. Thanos then arrived on Wakanda and defeated Groot and Rocket Raccoon as well as their allies effortlessly and completed the Infinity Gauntlet, using it to murder half the universe's population. The only survivors among the Guardians were Rocket and Nebula.
The Guardians of the Galaxy were reassembled in 2023 when their members were resurrected by the Avengers, and they assisted in the Battle of Earth against Thanos. After the battle, the Guardians departed Earth with Thor joining the group, returning to their adventures in the cosmos and simultaneously searching for the 2014 Gamora.
- "What a bunch of a-holes."
- ―Garthan Saal
When Peter Quill stole the Orb, Sakaarans troops led by Korath the Pursuer hunted for Quill but he escaped in the Milano. Yondu Udonta and his Ravager clan went to Morag after the Orb but discovered Quill's treachery and set a bounty on him. Elsewhere in the galaxy, Ronan the Accuser was informed of Quill stealing the Orb, so he sent Gamora to retrieve it. On Xandar, Quill tried to sell the Orb to the Broker and was later attacked by Gamora, only to be intercepted by Rocket Raccoon and Groot after the bounty on Quill. None were successful as they were soon apprehended and arrested by the Nova Corps.
The group was sentenced to Kyln Prison Facility, and when they arrived, the group discussed Peter Quill's bounty, as well as the Orb, which Gamora revealed she was going to betray Ronan the Accuser with. They were each then processed by the Nova Corps as he was stripped down and washed, humiliating them. They were then given their uniforms and sent into the prison.
Gamora found herself endangered by inmates whose families were victims of Ronan and after being threatened, Rocket Raccoon claimed Quill as his bounty. That night, some of the inmates attempted to kill Gamora, but Drax the Destroyer stopped them, desiring to kill her himself for the death of his family. Quill intervened and convinced Drax to let Gamora live, which would allow him to exact his vengeance on Ronan. Afterwards, Quill, Gamora, Rocket and Groot all decided to work together to escape and sell the Orb, sharing the profit.
The next day, Rocket plotted an intricate plan to escape, which he informed the others on, however, Groot caused it to occur sooner than he wanted. Now under a lot of pressure, the proceeded with the rest of the plan, Gamora obtaining a security band and Quill stealing an inmate's false leg, while Drax assisted them in the fight that broke out. They all grouped up at the watchtower, which they took control of, turning off the artificial gravity in the prison, allowing them to escape and get to the Milano, departing from the Kyln.
Tension within the Team
As they flew to Knowhere to meet with the Collector, tension developed between the five as they clashed over the lack of trust. However, when an argument broke out about the Orb, Peter Quill cooled things down and told them that they're partners until they get the money.
They eventually made it to Knowhere, and made their way to where they were requested to wait for the Collector. While they waited, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon and Groot went to the Boot of Jemiah, and Quill and Gamora talked outside. When a drunken fight between Drax and Rocket and Groot broke out, Quill and Gamora rushed to them to break it up. Quill tried to calm Rocket down from shooting Drax by reminding him that he will be rich soon, and then proceeded to address how none of them have any friends due to their hostility.
After Drax walked off, Carina greeted them and brought them to the Collector, who they presented the Orb to. Meanwhile, Drax wandered around Knowhere until he came across the Tivan Dispatch Center and called Ronan the Accuser to their location. The Collector then explained that the Orb contained an Infinity Stone, which he went on to inform them of the stone's history. When the Collector went to pay them, Carina grabbed the Power Stone, destroying the Collector's Museum.
Managing to survive the explosion, they then grabbed the Orb and left the Museum. They then discussed what to do with the Orb, now knowing its true power. Gamora believed they should give it to the Nova Corps so it would be safe, but Rocket suggested just giving it to Ronan as they were wanted by the Nova Corps. Quill agreed with both of their points, proposing that they find someone else to take the Orb, who will keep it safe, but also pay them.
Suddenly, they discovered Drax the Destroyer standing before a fleet of Necrocraft ships, realizing that he had called Ronan the Accuser. At the same time, Yondu Udonta arrived and called out to Peter Quill, having tracked him down. As Drax fought Ronan, Quill, Gamora and Rocket Raccoon attempted to escape from Nebula in the Mining Pods.
Despite their best attempts to evade the fleet and escape, after she flew out into space, Nebula destroyed Gamora's pod, leaving her to die while stealing the Orb. Back on Knowehere, Drax was brutally beaten by Ronan and thrown into a tank full of spinal fluid. Quill exited his pod to save Gamora, and called Udonta to pick them up, while Rocket returned to Knowhere. With the Orb gone and Quill and Gamora captured, Rocket, Drax and Groot argued about what happened, however, they ultimately decided to help their only friends.
Uniting as a Team
- "Quill. I have lived most my life surrounded by my enemies, I will be grateful to die among my friends."
"You are an honorable man, Quill. I will fight beside you. And in the end, see my wife and daughter again."
"I am Groot."
"What the hell, I ain't got that long of a life span anyway."
- ―Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Groot and Rocket Raccoon
While Peter Quill and Gamora attempted to convince Yondu Udonta to help them stop Ronan the Accuser, Rocket Raccoon, Drax the Destroyer and Groot came to their friends rescue, threatening to blow up the Eclector. After clearing everything up, the group all regrouped onboard the Eclector to come up with a plan.
However, this proved to not be easy as the group argued amongst themselves, failing to come up with a plan to stop Ronan. Quill then gave a speech to them, entailing how they have all experienced loss in their lives but they were finally being given a chance to do something good for once. Quill stood strongly with his desire to no longer run from problems and face Ronan, which inspired the rest of the group to stand with him.
With the group united, they developed a plan to save Xandar, in which Rocket would attack the Dark Aster, allowing the rest of them to enter, find Ronan, and kill him with the Hadron Enforcer. The group shared the plan with Udonta and his Ravagers clan, and they all geared up and prepared for battle, also sending a message out to the Nova Corps for assistance. With everything prepared, the group all walked together, successfully becoming a team.
The Guardians and the Ravagers then began their attack on the Dark Aster, distracting them and flying under where Rocket Raccoon opened fire, breaking a hole in the side. As Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer and Groot tried to make their way to the entrance, they came under heavy attack, but were saved by the Nova Corps.
When they infiltrated the Dark Aster, they discovered it was too dark to see, so Groot created bio-luminous spores to light the way, much to the rest of the team's wonder. As they made their way, Drax thanked the other Guardians for their acceptance, although, they were interrupted when Nebula confronted them. When she started insulting Gamora, Drax shot her with his rocket launcher, sending her flying away. Gamora then went to disable the security doors protecting Ronan the Accuser while the others battled Korath the Pursuer and the Sakaarans.
Meanwhile, Rocket along with other Ravagers were destroying the Necrocrafts that were trying to dive-bomb Xandar. As Gamora tried to complete her task, she was stopped by Nebula, and a duel broke out between them, resulting in Nebula falling out of the Dark Aster. Star-Lord, Drax and Groot were able to defeat Korath and the Sakaarans as Gamora opened the security door, and then rejoined them as they went to confront Ronan.
The Guardians then stood before Ronan, as Star-Lord activated the Hadron Enforcer, firing a direct shot at him, causing a massive blast. However, they were not successful, as Ronan quickly got back up, barely being injured at all, and then retaliated, knocking them away. While Drax and Ronan fought, Rocket crashed his ship through the Dark Aster, severely damaging both ships and knocking himself unconscious.
With the Dark Aster falling apart inside and crashing towards the surface, Groot decided to save his allies from the wreckage by forming a large branch to protect them. After the Dark Aster crashed to the surface, the Guardians slowly recovered as they laid on the ground in pain while Rocket mourned the recent loss of his best friend.
Their recovery and mourning was cut short when Ronan reappeared from the wreckage, much to their distress. Ronan stood before the Guardians and onlooking Xandarians, giving a speech before he would decimate the planet. But before he could act, the Guardians made one last attempt to stop Ronan, with Rocket repairing the Hadron Enforcer as Star-Lord distracting the Accuser with a dance off. Drax then used the Hadron Enforcer to destroy the Cosmi-Rod, exposing the Power Stone which Star-Lord and Ronan reached for.
Star-Lord was able to grab the stone, but its power began to rip his body apart. Star-Lord continued to hold the stone, sacrificing himself, but Gamora reached out to grab his hand, sharing the power of the stone between them. Drax then grabbed onto Star-Lord, with Rocket holding onto his finger, allowing them to absorb and control the stone's power. Star-Lord then declared themselves the "Guardians of the Galaxy" and used the stone to obliterate Ronan.
Immediately after the the conflict was resolved, Udonta and his clan approached the Guardians reminding them he was promised the Orb. They tried to convince him to let them hand it over to the Nova Corps, but he demanded they comply to his request. Star-Lord, knowing he couldn't say no to Udonta, but couldn't give him the stone either, handed him a fake orb without the stone.
The Guardians then met with the Nova Corps to hand over the Orb, who out of thanks for saving Xandar, cleaned their slates and repaired the Milano for them. After informing Peter Quill of his unknown lineage, Irani Rael expressed her gratitude to the Guardians, and Rhomann Dey showed them the repaired Milano and warned them of committing any crimes in the future.
The Guardians, along with a twig from Groot that Rocket Raccoon had planted, then boarded the Milano and departed from Xandar. After Quill played his new mixtape, he manned the pilot's seat and asked what they should do next, ultimately deciding upon a doing good and bad. During their time flying through space as a new family with a reborn Groot, they decided to take jobs, marketing themselves as "galaxy savers".
A few months after the Battle of Xandar, the Guardians were hired by the Sovereign Priestess, Ayesha to kill the Abilisk, a beast who was slowly devouring the planet's power source. In exchange, Ayesha promised to hand Nebula, who they had arrested, over into their custody.
When the Abilisk arrived, the Guardians charged at the beast and were thrown around by it while Groot plugged in Star-Lord's music and danced. After Drax the Destroyer jumped inside the Abilisk's mouth, the other Guardians made a plan to attack the cut on its neck. As Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon distracted the Abilisk by getting it look up, Gamora used her sword to pierce through its skin. Gamora was successful in killing the beast, although when Drax was released, he took the credit.
With the job done, the Guardians then cleaned themselves off and got changed before going to see Ayesha. As they did, Quill informed the others about the Anulax Batteries, as well as warning them about how they behave in front of the Sovereign, as they are easily offended, which leads to executions. Meanwhile, unknown to the other Guardians, Rocket stole some of the batteries because of their high value.
The Guardians then met with Ayesha, who thanked them for their efforts. After a brief conversation, Gamora asked Ayesha to give them Nebula as promised, and she complied, concluding the arrangement. After some more conversations between them, ended with Rocket insulting them, the Guardians then left the temple and headed to Xandar in the Milano.
As Rocket Raccoon piloted the Milano, they heard an alert go off, so they joined at the cockpit to find a Sovereign fleet of Omnicrafts approaching them. Drax the Destroyer revealed that Rocket stole some of the Anulax Batteries, and that was why the Sovereign were chasing and firing at them. The Guardians then argued with Rocket about his actions as they tried to evade the attacks.
To make it to the nearest Jump Point to escape, the Guardians then flew through a Quantum Asteroid Field, where Peter Quill and Rocket argued over who was the better pilot. However, this petty rivalry caused the Milano to take serious damage, disabling their weapons. Drax went to take care of the remaining Omnicraft from outside the ship, as the Guardians got closer to the jump point.
However, after destroying the last drone and clearing the asteroid field, the Guardians found themselves surrounded by hundreds of Omnicrafts. The Milano proceeded to take even more damage by the Omnicrafts, and were going to be destroyed, when out of nowhere, all the Omnicrafts blew up. As they headed towards the jump point, Rocket noticed mysterious figure on another spacecraft.
The Guardians flew through the jump point, arriving at the planet Berhert, but due to the damage the Milano took, they crash landed. The Guardians then argued over Rocket Raccoon's actions and fight with Peter Quill, which causied the Milano to now be destroyed.
Rocket informed them of how they were saved by a man on a ship, when suddenly the very ship that saved them, landed on the planet, causing the Guardians to stop their fighting and be prepare for any unknown danger that could arise. When two figures stepped out of the ship, one of them introduced themselves as Ego, and revealed himself to be Quill's father, much to their surprise.
Ego informed Quill of how he hired Yondu Udonta to deliver him from Earth, which Quill filled in that Udonta kept him to help with his thieving. Ego told him that he had been searching for him ever since, and was able to find them due to the reputation of "Star-Lord. Ego then invited the Guardians to accompany him to his planet, where he could explain Quill's heritage to him. Quill discussed Ego with Gamora, not believing he was telling the truth, but she convinced him to give him a chance.
The next day, Peter Quill, Gamora and Drax decided to go with Ego while Rocket Raccoon and Groot stayed on Berhert to fix the Milano and watch Nebula. The departing Guardians said their goodbyes and boarded Ego's Ship to visit his planet.
During the flight to Ego's Planet, the Guardians got to know Mantis, learning about her powers, which she used on the Guardians, reading their emotions. When they arrived at the planet, Ego explained to them that he was a Celestial and also the planet, in which he created. Ego then spent time with Quill, telling him of his origins and abilities, which Quill also possessed, while Drax bonded with Mantis.
Meanwhile, Udonta and his Ravager clan arrived at Berhert to capture the Guardians and to hand them over the Sovereign. However, Rocket had prepared for any threats that may come after them, and ambushed the Ravagers with a multiple traps. However, Rocket soon found himself surrounded by the Ravagers, defeated. When Groot freed Nebula, she helped the Ravagers capture the two Guardians, along with Udonta, who they turned against.
Rocket and Groot were brought onto the Eclector, where the Ravagers planned on handing them over to Ayesha, as well as Udonta to the Kree. While Rocket and Udonta were locked up, they devised an escape plan, being assisted by Groot, as well as Kraglin Obfonteri, who decided to help them. As Rocket, Groot and Udonta made their escape, they decided to kill every Ravager that betrayed Udonta as well as destroy the Eclector, escaping in the Quadrant, where they headed for Ego's Planet.
As Gamora grew more suspicious towards Ego, Nebula arrived on Ego's Planet and attempted to kill Gamora, who survived and defeated her sister. However, she reached an uneasy alliance point, and the two explored the planet. Gamora and Nebula discovered thousands of skeleton remains hidden inside the caves of Ego's Planet and felt that Ego was hiding a secret from them. Mantis revealed to Drax that the skeletons were all Ego's children. Ego revealed to Quill that his purpose in his universe was to "expand" and be the universe. His children meant to help him accomplish that but they failed him. But when Ego revealed he had killed Meredith Quill, Peter started to fight him.
Ego used Peter Quill to activate the seedlings, which began to consume every world. In order to rescue Quill, Drax, Gamora, Mantis and Nebula entered the hall just as Rocket Raccoon, Yondu Udonta and Groot arrived. The reunited Guardians reached the core of the planet, where Ego's brain was housed. When Ego prepared to fight them, Mantis, with encouragement from the Guardians, was able to put Ego into a sleeping state, giving them time to prepare to destroy him. However, Omnicrafts of the Sovereign arrived to destroy them.
While the other Guardians fought the drones, Rocket made a bomb out of the stolen Anulax Batteries and tried to instruct Groot on properly and safely activating the bomb. With Nebula using herself as a power source for their ship, it was able to destroy all the drones, but one dead drone struck Mantis, knocking her out causing Ego to awaken. Groot planted on Ego's brain, while Quill battled Ego with his newfound Celestial powers to allow the other Guardians to escape. The bomb exploded, killing Ego and causing the planet to disintegrate. Udonta sacrificed himself to save Quill, who comes to realize that Udonta did not deliver him to Ego in order to spare him from the fate of Ego's other progeny and that Udonta was Quill's true "daddy".
Yondu Udonta's Funeral
The Guardians retrieved Quill with Udonta's lifeless body from space and brought them onboard. The Guardians then held a funeral for Udonta where Quill gave a eulogy and talked about how he used to tell kids that David Hasselhoff was his dad when in fact Udonta was kind of like Hasselhoff and that he was Quill's dad. They then cremated the body as Rocket called the rest of the Ravagers who gave Udonta a Ravagers Farewell. When the Ravagers arrived, the Guardians watched from their ship and had deep conversations with each other: Rocket coming to relation about himself, Gamora accepting her feelings for Quill and Drax admitting to Mantis' beauty.
- "There's six stones out there. Thanos already has the Power Stone because he stole it last week, when he decimated Xandar. He stole the Space Stone from me when he destroyed my ship and slaughtered half my people. The Time and Mind Stones are safe on Earth. They're with the Avengers."
"They're Earth's Mightiest Heroes."
- ―Thor and Star-Lord
Four years later, following the Attack on the Statesman, the Guardians responded to the subsequent distress call sent by the Asgardians. However, they arrived too late as the ship had already been destroyed by Thanos. Nonetheless, the Guardians were able to rescue a comatose Thor, one of the survivors of the attack.
Thor woke up a while later and told the Guardians that Thanos obtained the Power Stone, decimating Xandar in the process, and the Space Stone as well on the Statesman. He deduced that Thanos had set course to Knowhere to obtain the Reality Stone, knowing that the Time and Mind Stones were well-guarded on Earth and the Soul Stone was in a location unknown to anyone. The Guardians agreed to split up, with Rocket and Groot accompanying Thor to Nidavellir in order to create a weapon powerful enough to subdue Thanos, while Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, and Mantis raced to Knowhere to prevent Thanos from retrieving the Reality Stone.
When Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, and Mantis arrived on Knowhere, they found Thanos interrogating the Collector, asking about the whereabouts of the Reality Stone. Angered over the deaths of his wife and daughter, Drax tried to attack, but was knocked out by Mantis. However, the sound caught Thanos' attention, which led the Guardians to attack, with Gamora appearing to kill him. However, Thanos revealed that he was still alive and already had the Reality Stone in his possession, using the Stone to create an illusion to mislead the Guardians.
He then told Gamora that this was his plan all along and held her captive. Star-Lord attempted to get Thanos to let Gamora go, but Gamora reminded him of the promise that he gave her that he would kill her if Thanos was able to capture her. Star-Lord reluctantly, shot Gamora, only for Thanos to turn the blaster into bubbles, and teleported away with Gamora in an attempt to get her to reveal the Soul Stone location.
Forging the Stormbreaker
While the other Guardians were confronting Thanos on Knowhere, Thor, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot went to Nidavellir so that the Dwarves there could make a new weapon for Thor. However, upon arriving there, they realized that the star forge had gone quiet, and Thanos had killed off almost all the Dwarves except Eitri, who was left without the use of his hands to prevent him from forging more weapons. However, Thor was able to convince Eitri to help create the Stormbreaker, allowing the weapon to be forged after Thor and Rocket helped return the forge to its former glory, with Thor having to withstand the power of the star in order to enable Eitri to forge the hammer.
Eitri was able to create the Stormbreaker's mold, however, due to the power of the star, Thor was unable to bear its strength, and began to die. Unfortunately, Eitri had misplaced the handle of the weapon and was struggling to find it before Stormbreaker could cool. But Groot had decided to take out the maul, still hot from the forge, and used his arm as its own customized handle. Even though Thor had been badly burned in the process of forging Stormbreaker with a dying star's energy, he was able to instantly recover when Stormbreaker was finally completed and given to him. Now with his new weapon equipped, Thor, Groot, and Rocket transported to Wakanda to assist the Avengers in the battle by summoning a Bifrost Bridge from Nidavellir.
Having failed their objective to prevent Thanos from taking the Reality Stone, the Guardians of the Galaxy eventually arrived on Titan in the Benatar to meet Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man. Originally believing the other party to be on Thanos' side, Star-Lord demanded to know the whereabouts of Gamora while holding Peter Parker hostage but soon realized that Thanos was an enemy they had in common. As a result, they decided to team up so that Thanos could be stopped, just as he arrived on Titan to take the Time Stone from Doctor Strange's Eye of Agamotto.
After Thanos explained his past and the extinction of his people due to overpopulation, using it as justification for his own campaign to halve the population of the universe, the Avengers and Guardians attacked the Mad Titan. Despite their best efforts, Thanos' might proved too strong for the team to easily overwhelm, even in cases where they could prevent him from using the Infinity Gauntlet. Only after Nebula distracted Thanos were they able to finally barely overpower him, with Mantis keeping Thanos in a trance long enough for the Avengers to extract the stones. Despite their seeming victory, their plan was foiled when Mantis and Nebula realized that Thanos had killed Gamora and was mourning for her, causing Star-Lord to lash out at Thanos in anguish and fury. As a result, Mantis' concentration was broken and Thanos was able to free himself, reclaiming the Infinity Gauntlet just before Peter Parker could yank it off. In the ensuing fight, Thanos knocked out Mantis as well as Drax, Nebula, and Star-Lord with a shockwave.
Thanos wasted no time in unleashing a brutal attack by tearing apart Titan's moon and throwing the pieces at the heroes, which would have killed them had Spider-Man not saved them; despite this, Thanos had successfully separated the heroes. After the Mad Titan managed to overpower Iron Man in a brutal fight, Doctor Strange relinquished the Time Stone to save Stark's life. Having received what he came for, Thanos teleported to Earth to obtain the Mind Stone despite Quill's last-ditch effort to shoot him. Defeated, the Guardians and Avengers had no choice but to look forward to their eventual fates as Thanos went to Wakanda to seek his final Infinity Stone.
After completing the Stormbreaker, Thor, Rocket, and Groot arrived in Wakanda, they found the Avengers, Dora Milaje, Border Tribe, and the Jabari Tribe losing the battle to Thanos' Black Order and his horde of Outriders. But with his new weapon, Thor was able to easily overpower the invading army with supporting aid from the two Guardians and the Avengers with their combined forces. They managed to win the battle, only to later face Thanos seeking the Mind Stone himself, who Groot participated in fighting against but was effortlessly defeated.
In the aftermath of the Battle of Wakanda, Thanos was able to rip the Mind Stone from Vision and complete the Infinity Gauntlet. Despite a final effort by Thor to kill the Mad Titan, Thanos survived the assault and snapped his fingers, using the power of all six stones to initiate his genocide. As the effects of the Snap began to take hold and half of all life in the universe vanished, Groot, Star-Lord, Mantis, and Drax turned to dust, leaving Rocket and Nebula as the only Guardians to survive. Roughly three weeks later, Thanos destroyed the Infinity Stones to keep his work intact, leaving the remaining Avengers and Guardians to accept defeat and live with the devastating loss brought on by the Mad Titan.
Five years later, the Avengers were able to regain the Infinity Stones, with Hulk enacting the Blip to bring back the half of the universe that perished in the Snap. Finding themselves back on Titan, the resurrected Guardians, told by Doctor Strange that five years had transpired since their disintegration, rallied to Earth using an interdimensional portal to finally face Thanos and his forces. During the epic battle, Star-Lord encountered Gamora, who had traveled from 2014. Confused by her presence, he went to reunite with her, but was stopped as Gamora, who had never met him in her new timeline, hit and kicked him to the ground. Thanos' army was eventually defeated as Iron Man used the Infinity Stones to snap them out of existence, sacrificing his own life.
After the Battle of Earth and the victory over Thanos and his army, the Guardians mourned and attended Tony Stark's funeral. Soon after, the Guardians reassembled in the Benatar, with Star-Lord searching for the 2014 version of Gamora. Joining them was Thor, who dubbed them as the "Asgardians of the Galaxy." Star-Lord and Thor then argued who the leader of the group would be.
- Name: Peter Quill
- Species: Human-Celestial Hybrid
- Activity: August 2014 - 2018, 2023 - present
- Status: Alive
- Description: A human-Celestial hybrid who was kidnapped from Earth by the Yondu Ravager Clan at the age of eight. After living in space for nearly thirty years, Quill became wrapped up in an intergalactic conspiracy that caused him and his former inmates to form the Guardians of the Galaxy, with him becoming their leader. He is also the owner and one of the pilots of the Milano. Quill was one of the many killed after being disintegrated when Thanos snapped his fingers, wiping out half of the universe. He was resurrected five years later along with most of his fellow teammates, and soon after also survived the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Subject: 89P13
- Species: Halfworlder
- Activity: August 2014 - 2018, 2023 - present
- Status: Alive
- Description: A Halfworlder resembling a Terran raccoon that was genetically modified by an alien race, giving him human-level intelligence. However, years of repetitive genetic rewrite and abuse resulted in Rocket developing a cynical and vain personality, making him an ideal mercenary and teammate to the other Guardians. After the events of the war against Thanos, Rocket was one of the very few members who survived the Snap. He was the able to reunite with the remaining guardians five years later after their resurrection, and soon after also survived the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Groot
- Species: Flora colossus
- Activity: August 2014 (original); August 2014 - 2018, 2023 - present (offspring)
- Status: Deceased (original); Alive (offspring)
- Description: A sentient tree-like individual and accomplice of Rocket Raccoon. Groot's physiology renders the limits of his speech to the phrase, "I am Groot.", and "We are Groot.", due to having a wooden larynx. Though Groot's vocabulary is only limited to five words, he is usually trying to communicate other meanings. The only way to understand Groot's speech is for someone to translate what he is trying to say, which Rocket and Quill are able to do as they have spent enough time with him. Groot sacrificed himself to save the rest of the team during the Battle of Xandar, and a new Groot was born from his remains. The new Groot was one of the many killed after being disintegrated when Thanos snapped his fingers, wiping out half of the universe. He was resurrected five years later along with most of his fellow teammates, and soon after also survived the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Drax
- Activity: August 2014 - 2018, 2023 - present
- Status: Alive
- Description: An enigma, with his true origin unknown. He is driven only by a burning desire to obtain vengeance against Ronan the Accuser who killed Drax's wife and daughter. Drax's search for revenge resulted in him joining the Guardians. Drax was one of the many killed after being disintegrated when Thanos snapped his fingers, wiping out half of the universe. He was resurrected five years later along with most of his fellow teammates, and soon after also survived the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Mantis
- Activity: October 2014 - 2018, 2023 - present
- Status: Alive
- Description: A young empathic woman raised by Ego and recruited as a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Since she was a child, Mantis helped ease Ego's neurotic behavior with her powers until the Guardians of the Galaxy came to his planet. After bonding with Drax, she came to care for the Guardians and allied with them to help to prevent Ego from conquering the Galaxy. With her servitude to Ego ended, she became a full-fledged member of the Guardians and accompanied them on further adventures. Mantis was one of the many killed after being disintegrated when Thanos snapped his fingers, wiping out half of the universe. She was resurrected five years later along with most of her fellow teammates, and soon after also survived the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Nebula
- Species: Luphomoid
- Activity: October 2014; 2023 - present
- Status: Alive
- Description: A Luphomoid assassin and an adopted daughter of Thanos. She is also the adopted sister of Gamora. She served under Ronan the Accuser's commands during his and Thanos' quest to retrieve the Orb. After briefly encountering and fighting her sister again, Nebula assisted her and the other Guardians in stopping Ego. She then left the team to go and find Thanos in order to kill him, and she nearly succeeded but ended up getting captured. During the war against Thanos, she was able to escape and rejoined the team on Titan, and was one of the few survivors after her father wiped out half of the universe. She reunited with the remaining guardians five years later after their resurrection, and soon after also survived the Battle of Earth.
- Name: Thor Odinson
- Species: Asgardian
- Activity: 2023 - present
- Status: Alive
- Description: The former king of New Asgard as well as a former and founding member of the Avengers. After the Battle of Earth and Tony Stark's funeral, Thor renounced his position of royalty to join adventures with the Guardians, passing on the responsibility of New Asgard to Valkyrie.
- Name: Yondu Udonta
- Species: Centaurian
- Activity: October 2014
- Status: Deceased
- Description: Leader of his own clan of the Ravagers and father figure to Peter Quill. When Quill betrayed the Ravagers and stole an Orb for himself, Udonta led the hunt for his former ally. Eventually, Udonta caught up with Quill but was convinced to help in him the war against Ronan the Accuser, who was threatening to use the Orb's power to destroy the planet Xandar. Yondu eventually gave his life to save Quill during Ego's destruction.
- Name: Gamora
- Species: Zehoberei
- Activity: August 2014 - 2018
- Status: Deceased (original); Alive (2014 version)
- Description: One of the last survivors of the Zehoberei race, adopted by Thanos. Renowned as the galaxy's deadliest assassin, Gamora had a falling out with her father that caused her to rebel against him, thereby making her an enemy of Thanos and his associates. Her fugitive status led to her becoming a member of the Guardians. Gamora was killed after being used as a sacrifice by Thanos to claim the Soul Stone. A past version of Gamora hailing from 2014 before the Quest for the Orb brought her into contact with the Guardians and was brought into 2023, where she rebelled against Thanos during the Battle of Earth. Her past version survived Iron Man's Snap and went into the unknown place.
|Appearances for Guardians of the Galaxy|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, the Guardians of the Galaxy are a collective of interstellar heroes assembled by Star-Lord to prevent cosmic threats, and located on Knowhere. They took the name from another group of cosmic heroes, based in an alternate future on Earth-691.
- Following the success of the first film, every media incarnation of the Guardians of the Galaxy have been specifically based on the MCU version of the team.
- Rocket is the only member of the Guardians of the Galaxy to have never died in some form at least once.
- Mantis and Thor are the only members of the Guardians of the Galaxy who have no official criminal records whatsoever.
- Guardians of the Galaxy on the Marvel Wiki
- Asgardians of the Galaxy on the Marvel Wiki
- Guardians of the Galaxy on Wikipedia
- Guardians of the Galaxy on Wikipedia
- Guardians of the Galaxy on Wikipedia
- Asgardians of the Galaxy on Wikipedia
|Guardians of the Galaxy|
|Star-Lord • Rocket Raccoon • Drax the Destroyer • Groot • Mantis • Nebula • Thor|
|Yondu Udonta • Gamora|