A collection of quotes from the ruler of Sakaar, the Grandmaster.
Spoken by Grandmaster
- "Time works real different around these parts. On any other world I would be millions of years old but here on Sakaar..."
- "Wow! Look at all of you. What a show, WHAT-A-NIGHT! Who’s having fun? Please, I’m your host. Big round of applause for all of our undercard competitors... who died so gruesomely. Good sports. What a show! What a night! This is what you’ve come for and so have I. And now, without further ado... it’s main event time!! Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I’ll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen...I give to you...Lord of Thunder! Watch out for his fingers. They make sparks. Okay, this is it. Let’s get ready to welcome this guy. Here he comes. He is a creature. What can we say about him? Well, he’s unique. There’s none like him. I feel a special connection with him. He’s undefeated. HE’S THE REIGNING...HE’S THE DEFENDING... Ladies and gentlemen... I give you your astonishingly savage, incredible..."
- "I just, I gotta say. I'm proud of you all. This revolution has been a huge success. Yay us! Pat, pat on the back. Pat on the back. Come on. No? Me, too. 'Cause I've been a big part of it. Can't have a revolution without somebody to overthrow! So, ah, you're welcome. And, uh, it's a tie."
- ―Grandmaster to Sakaar's citizens
Spoken about Grandmaster
- "Fear not, for you are found. You are home, and there is no going back. No one leaves this place. But what is this place? The answer in Sakaar. Surrounded by cosmic gateways, Sakaar lives on the edge of the known and unknown. It is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. Like you. But here on Sakaar, you are significant. You are valuable. Here, you are loved."
"And no one loves you more than the Grandmaster. He is the original. The first lost, and the first found. The creator of Sakaar and the father of the Contest of Champions. Where once you were nothing, now you are something. You are the property of the Grandmaster. Congratulations! You will meet the Grandmaster in five seconds. Prepare yourself. Prepare yourself. You are now meeting the Grandmaster."
- ―Sakaar Computer and Thor
- "What have you brought me today? Tell me."
"I want to go closer, I need to get a closer look at this! Can you take us closer? Thankyou. Pay this lady."
"Just wait a dam minute! I'm not for sale!"
"Man, he's a fighter!"
"I'll take ten million."
"Tell her she's dreaming."
"Oh for heavens sake, transfer the Units."
- ―Grandmaster, Valkyrie, Thor and Topaz
- "I love when you come to visit, 142. You keep bringing me just the best stuff. Whenever we get to talk to Topaz about Scrapper-142, what do I always say? She is, and it starts with a B."
"No. Not trash. Were you waiting to just call her that? It doesn't start with a B."
- ―Grandmaster and Topaz
- "What happened to my manners? I haven’t properly introduced myself. Come on. Follow me. My name is Grandmaster. I preside over a little harlequinade called the Contest of Champions. People come from far and wide to unwillingly participate in it. And you, my friend, might just be part of the new cast. What do you say to that?"
"We’re not friends, and I don’t give a shit about your games! I’m going back to Asgard!"
"Ass-gard? One, two, three, four."
- ―Grandmaster and Thor
- "Time works real different around these parts. On any other world I would be millions of years old but here on Sakaar...In any case, you know this, ah, this, ah, you call yourself the 'Lord of Thunder?'"
"God of Thunder, tell him."
"I've never met this man in my life."
"He's my brother!"
"Is he any kind of fighter?"
"Take this thing out of my neck and I'll show you!"
"Oh, listen to that, he's threatening me! Hey sparkles, here's the deal. You want to get back to ass-place, ass-berg."
"Any contender who defeats my champion, their freedom they shall win."
"Fine, then point me in the direction of whoever's ass I have to kick!"
- ―Grandmaster, Loki and Thor
- "I’m upset! I’m very upset. You know what I like about being upset? Blame. Right now, that’s the mindset that I’m in. And you know who I’m blaming?"
"Hey! Don’t interrupt me!"
"Here you go."
"Why are you handing me the Melt Stick? He was interrupting. That’s not a capital violation. My precious champion has come up missing and its all because of that Lord of Thunder. It’s all because of him. YOUR brother. Whatever the story is. Adopted, or complicated. I’m sure there’s a big history. And YOUR contender."
"My dear friend, if you were to give me twelve hours I could bring them both back to you."
"I can do it in two."
"I could do it in one."
"You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now, I’ll settle for this sweet little “who’s gonna get him first?” So you’re on the clock."
- ―Grandmaster, Loki, Topaz and Valkyrie
- "Revolution? How did this happen?"
"Don’t know. But the Arena’s mainframe for the Obedience Disks have been deactivated and the slaves have armed themselves."
"Oh! I don’t like that word!"
"No. Why would I not like “mainframe?” No, the “S” word."
"Sorry, the “prisoners with jobs” have armed themselves."
"Okay, that’s better."
- ―Grandmaster and Topaz
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.