|For other uses, see Goose (disambiguation)|
|For alternate versions of Goose, see Goose's Character Hub|
Goose is a Flerken and the former pet of Mar-Vell. Following the death of her owner, Goose went with Carol Danvers and Nick Fury into space during their quest to find Mar-Vell's Laboratory. After saving survived Skrull refugees and protecting the Tesseract from Starforce and Kree soldiers, Goose was responsible for permanently blinding Fury's left eye with her claws. Despite what happened, Fury opted to take care of Goose after Danvers left Earth.
Owned by Mar-Vell
Meeting Wendy Lawson
Goose met Dr. Wendy Lawson on Earth, and found her to be nice. Lawson fed Goose tuna, and Goose ate it using her tentacles, shocking Lawson. Goose came to like Lawson and lived with her for many years. Lawson took Goose flying on her fighter jet, and Goose enjoyed the view. Goose became aware of Lawson's mission to help the Skrulls.
Meeting Carol Danvers
In 1989, one morning, Goose was brought to Edwards Air Force Base, and approached Carol Danvers, who was admiring the sky, and started purring at her feet. Danvers then pet Goose, while Wendy Lawson stated that Goose liked Danvers and that her pet didn't typically take to people.
Sometime later, Goose was left alone at the Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility, as Wendy Lawson had been killed. She lied tired on the floor, upset that she would no longer be fed tuna by Lawson. She found a rat and began eating rats, unaware that her owner had died.
Reunited with Vers
In 1995, Goose was living at the Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility. She was met by Vers and Nick Fury inside one of the hallways. Goose started purring near Vers and went to Fury, who pet her and talked to her. He left after Vers signaled Fury to leave the hallway, promising that he would return. Goose followed the pair and watched them as they searched for information on Wendy Lawson.
When Vers and Nick Fury took off on a Quadjet, Goose hopped aboard and started meowing until they turned to see her. Goose then jumped on Vers' lap, but she placed Goose onto the dashboard, which she laid upon and started purring.
Visit at Rambeau Residence
Goose traveled with Vers and Nick Fury to the Rambeau Residence in order to meet Maria Rambeau. While there, Goose saw an alligator and ate it using her tentacles. While Vers greeted Rambeau and learned that her name was Carol Danvers, Goose made friends with Rambeau's daughter, Monica, purring as the young girl pet Goose. Monica gave Goose many items, including a chair, radio, shovel, television set, and bowling ball, mailbox, propellor, iron board, table, lamp, sandwich, and rubber duck. Goose then swallowed all of the items, exciting Rambeau. Later, while Talos was arguing with Danvers and Fury, Goose approached Talos because she likes him, but he stepped away from her, claiming that she was a Flerken and was extremely dangerous. However, Danvers and Fury did not understand what that meant and laughed it off, believing Goose was just a cat.
Journey to Space
Goose traveled along with Carol Danvers, Maria Rambeau, Talos, and Nick Fury on their journey to space to find the energy core. As Fury petted Goose, Talos advised him that he shouldn't have Goose on his lap to which Fury jokingly responded that an alliance with Talos is just as dangerous and that as long as Goose freaked the Skrull out, he would keep her by their side. When they exited Earth's atmosphere, Goose floated around inside the ship until Fury reached out to her and she grabbed hold, until artificial gravity was activated.
As the group arrived on Mar-Vell's Laboratory, they discovered that the Tesseract was the source of the Light-Speed Engine. Goose proceeded to touch the cube with her paw curiously. Subsequently, when Starforce seized the ship, Att-Lass scanned Goose and confirmed that she was indeed a Flerken. Goose was then given a muzzle before being locked in a small cage, annoying her.
When Carol Danvers subsequently gained full control of her powers and escaped, her powers also disabled many of the ship's electronics, releasing Goose and her other allies. Fury took the muzzle off of Goose, who was thankful. As Danvers instructed Nick Fury to take the Tesseract from the lunchbox and flee, Goose revealed her Flerken powers and swallowed the Tesseract whole, leaving Danvers, Fury, and Maria Rambeau stunned and surprised, realizing that Talos was telling the truth. Goose became worried that the Tesseract would upset her stomach, which rumbled.
As Fury and Rambeau were making it for the hangar, they ran into a group of four Kree soldiers, prompting Goose to flail them about using her tentacles, before devouring them all. As they were nearing the hangar, they were confronted by another group of soldiers escorting the Skrull prisoners. Fury held Goose in front of them, urging her to attack but, to his disappointment, she failed to comply. Fury soon realized that Goose recognized that Talos was disguised as the Kree commander, enabling him to kill all the real Kree guards so they could get on the Quadjet.
As Rambeau flew the Quadjet back to Earth, they were pursued by Minn-Erva, resulting in a dogfight ending with Rambeau shooting her down. Later on, as Fury playfully celebrated their victory over the Kree, Goose accidentally ended up scratching his left eye, with Talos noting to Fury that Goose's scratch is not "just a scratch". Despite Fury continuing to pretend that the scratch barely bothered him, the injury would eventually become permanent, blinding him.
Life with Nick Fury
Nick Fury opted to take care of Goose after Carol Danvers left to help the Skrulls find a home. Goose lived in his office at S.H.I.E.L.D. As Phil Coulson came in, wondering where the Tesseract was, Fury, looking over at Goose, assured him it would turn up. Despite accepting the Flerken as his pet, however, Fury chose to not reveal how exactly he lost his eye. Sometime later, when Fury wasn't in his office, Goose climbed onto his desk and regurgitated the Tesseract, having gotten a stomachache from the it. From then on until 2009 at least, Goose lived in Fury's office.
Known to the Public
By 2025, Goose was known to humans on Earth. She was most notably known as Carol Danvers’ pet. Kamala Khan used her artistic abilities to make several depictions of Goose in which she added to her collection of Danvers and Avengers fanfare.
According to Mar-Vell, Goose does not typically take to people, which means that she is not interested and does not like most people, whom she meets. She does, however, eventually warm up to those that mean no harm to her. Goose can easily differentiate friends from foes, as she sat next to Talos, who was disguised as a Kree soldier, while the others believed he was an enemy.
Goose, however, dislikes being touched repeatedly, as she scratched Nick Fury's left eye when he didn't stop tickling her. She permanently blinded Fury, although she didn't have the intention of doing so.
- Flerken Physiology: Like the rest of the Flerken race, Goose has access to the pocket dimension that is inside her body, where she stores tentacles for offensive capabilities. Goose also has a set of retractable claws sharp enough to scratch and permanently blind Nick Fury's left eye.
- Enhanced Senses: Goose was able to correctly sense that Talos was a disguised Kree Commander, and therefore, she refused to use her Flerken powers to devour the Kree Soldiers nearby, much to Nick Fury's confusion.
- Longevity: Due to her physiology, Goose has a very long lifespan.
- Pocket Dimension Manipulation: As a Flerken, Goose is able to manipulate a pocket dimension inside her body, where she stores both a nest of tentacle-like tendrils and the objects she swallows.
- Tesseract: Goose swallowed the Tesseract during Captain Marvel's journey to space to defend the Earth from Ronan the Accuser's Kree forces, thus protecting the Tesseract from falling into the hands of Starforce. Once Ronan's forces were defeated and departed from Earth, Goose eventually regurgitated the Tesseract in Nick Fury's office.
- Quadjet: Goose snuck aboard the Quadjet while Carol Danvers and Nick Fury stole it, and flew with them to Maria Rambeau's house. Goose then flew in the Quadjet to Mar-Vell's laboratory. She then flew the Quadjet back to Earth with Fury and Rambeau.
- Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility: Goose came across Vers and Nick Fury in the Joint Dark Energy Facility, and joined them as they escaped.
- Rambeau Residence: Goose accompanied Vers and Nick Fury on their visit to the Rambeau residence. Goose approached Talos in the residence, frightening Talos.
- Mar-Vell's Laboratory: Goose went to Mar-Vell's laboratory with Vers, Nick Fury, Maria Rambeau, and Talos. There, she found the Tesseract and was arrested by Att-Lass. Vers helped them escaped, and Goose swallowed the Tesseract as Fury ran through the lab with her. They eventually made it back to the Quadjet and returned to Earth.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Field Office: Goose lived with Nick Fury in his office at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s field office.
- Captain Marvel: Beware the Flerken! (flashback)
- Captain Marvel (flashback)
- Captain Marvel
- Captain Marvel: Beware the Flerken! (concurrent events)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (indirectly mentioned)
- Ms. Marvel
- The Marvels (unreleased)
- In the comics, Chewie was Carol Danvers' pet Flerken who was named after Chewbacca because Danvers is a fan of Star Wars.
Behind the Scenes
- According to Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, the decision to include Goose in Captain Marvel was fun because they could make Goose an important ally of Captain Marvel and moving the plot forward instead of just being a silly gag, indicating that Goose wasn't initially intended to consume the Tesseract but when the idea was proposed, it made it more fun.
- Despite the close bond between Goose and Carol Danvers, Brie Larson is allergic to cats and would avoid the cats portraying Goose between takes. Samuel L. Jackson also had a difficult time shooting scenes featuring Goose, as he generally does not interact well with animals. Conversely, Ben Mendelsohn is very fond of cats and enjoyed shooting his scenes with them, despite Talos being terrified of Goose.
- Kevin Feige has expressed interest in an MCU production focusing on Goose, possibly for Disney+, to explore her story in the last twenty years following Captain Marvel.
- Captain Marvel
- Captain Marvel: Beware the Flerken!
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Captain Marvel Post-credits Scene
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Cast Answers Your Fan Questions
- Ms. Marvel: 1.01: Generation Why
- ‘Captain Marvel’: 28 Things to Know About the Marvel Cinematic Universe Prequel
- Captain Marvel - Audio Commentary
- Everything We Learned About 'Captain Marvel' (And Her Cat, Goose) from the Film's Cast
- Captain Marvel: 15 Spoiler Facts From Directors Anna Boden And Ryan Fleck
- Interview: Kevin Feige Talks ‘Captain Marvel’ Spoilers, The Future of Goose, Stan Lee’s Tribute, and Disney+ TV Shows