- "We'll take them batteries! They’re worth what? A quarter mill on the open market?"
"That Priestess offered us a million! A quarter is only... one-third of that!"
"A quarter ain't a third."
"A quarter is twenty-five. We can't even buy a pair of boots with twenty-five units."
- ―Yondu Udonta, Taserface and Gef
Gef was a member of the Yondu Ravager Clan. After they were banned by Stakar Ogord, he went to Contraxia with his fellow Ravagers. Gef listened as Taserface implied that Yondu Udonta had become weak. Immediately after, the Sovereign High Priestess Ayesha met them and offered them a reward for the capture of the Guardians of the Galaxy for the theft of the Anulax Batteries.
Gef went with his clan on Berhert where the Guardians had crashed and took part in an attempt to capture Rocket Raccoon and Groot. Although they fell in several of Rocket's traps, they managed to surround him. However, when Yondu suggested to take the batteries instead of the Guardians for a lower reward, a mutiny erupted and Gef sided with the mutineers.
The Ravagers went back to the Eclector, where Gef joyfully took part in Yondu, Rocket and Groot's humiliation and the execution of those who remained loyal to Yondu. Gef then acclaimed Taserface as his new captain, although he joined the mockery about Taserface's name. After their captives were imprisoned, Gef asked Taserface if he could smash Groot with a rock, but Taserface refused, and the Ravagers later humiliated Groot further.
Gef was enjoying some ale when Yondu Udonta, Rocket Raccoon and Groot escaped from the Eclector. Like most of the Ravagers, Gef was killed by Yondu's Yaka Arrow, which shot right through his chest, knocking him off his chair and killing him.
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Yondu Udonta † - Former Leader and Killer
- Tullk † - Former Teammate
- Oblo † - Former Teammate
- Kraglin Obfonteri - Former Teammate
Behind the Scenes
- Steve Agee was originally only credited as "Dumb Ravager".
- In a deleted post-credit scene, Mantis and Gamora found Gef still alive aboard the Quadrant, while he was screaming for his heavy wounds. The scene was cut because it didn't make much sense in the movie, but James Gunn didn't rule out the possibility of Gef being still alive in a future Guardians of the Galaxy movie.