- "I won't go back; I'll kill you all first!"
Work at Momentum Labs
Testing the Darkhold
- "I feel so much better knowing that if I die in a fiery explosion, my eyeballs will survive."
- "It was Hell in there."
Showdown with Ghost Rider
Frederick remained at Momentum Labs and activated the reactor with the intent of destroying everything. He encountered Leo Fitz and Alphonso Mackenzie, who had come to investigate the place, and managed to lock Mackenzie in the Quantum Particle Generator. Frederick then tried to touch Fitz but was stopped by the Ghost Rider, who cancelled Frederick's intangibility and burnt him down, definitely killing him.
- Infection: With a single touch or whisper, Frederick had the ability to infect a person's mind, inducing nightmarish hallucinations that would gradually drive the victim to paranoia and homicidal rage. Eventually, the resulting constant state of fight or flight would cause cardiac arrest, killing the victim.
- Intangibility: Frederick was known to have the power to phase through walls unimpeded.
- "Great... this guy disappears. I hate these guys."
- ―Alphonso Mackenzie
- Invisibility: Frederick could render himself invisible and occasionally uses his ability to surprise and scare any of his targets.
- Ghost Rider - Killer
- Eli Morrow † - Former Colleague turned Attempted Killer