- "I won't go back; I'll kill you all first!"
Eli Morrow's Betrayal
- "I feel so much better knowing that if I die in a fiery explosion, my eyeballs will survive."
Frederick used to work at Momentum Labs in a team led by Joseph Bauer. Together, they worked on projects which would enable them to create matter with few if no source materials. After the Bauers found the Darkhold, the team made a tremendous breakthrough and created a Quantum Battery. Although Frederick was kind of doubtful about the results, he had to admit that the whole experiment worked and celebrated with all his colleagues.
Becoming a Ghost
- "It was Hell in there."
Years later, Lucy Bauer returned to Momentum Labs as a ghost and released Frederick from the Quantum Battery he was trapped in. Like his colleagues, Frederick had turned into a ghost due to him being out of phase with the Earthly Plane. Frederick blamed Bauer for his condition and claimed that using the Darkhold knowledge was a mistake. While Bauer intended to find the Darkhold, Frederick refused to follow her and decided to destroy the Momentum Labs facility.
Showdown with Ghost Rider
Frederick remained at Momentum Labs and activated the reactor with the intent of destroying everything. He encountered Leo Fitz and Alphonso Mackenzie, who had come to investigate the place, and managed to lock Mackenzie in the Quantum Particle Generator. Frederick then tried to touch Fitz but was stopped by the Ghost Rider, who cancelled Frederick's intangibility and burnt him down, definitely killing him.
- Infection: With a single touch or whisper, Frederick had the ability to infect a person's mind, inducing nightmarish hallucinations that would gradually drive the victim to paranoia and homicidal rage. Eventually, the resulting constant state of fight or flight would cause cardiac arrest, killing the victim.
- Intangibility: Frederick was known to have the power to phase through walls unimpeded.
- "Great... this guy disappears. I hate these guys."
- ―Alphonso Mackenzie
- Invisibility: Frederick could render himself invisible and occasionally uses his ability to surprise and scare any of his targets.
- Pasadena Momentum Laboratory: To be added
- Ghost Rider - Killer
- Eli Morrow † - Former Colleague turned Attempted Killer