|For other uses, see Eternals (disambiguation)|
Eternals is an upcoming superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics race of the same name. It is the twenty-sixth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the seventh installment of Phase Four. The film is set to be released on November 5, 2021.
The film is directed and co-written by Chloé Zhao and stars Gemma Chan as Sersi, Richard Madden as Ikaris, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Lia McHugh as Sprite, Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, Barry Keoghan as Druig, Don Lee as Gilgamesh, with Kit Harington as Dane Whitman/Black Knight, with Salma Hayek as Ajak, and Angelina Jolie as Thena.
Marvel Studios' Eternals features an exciting new team of Super Heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, ancient aliens who have been living on Earth in secret for thousands of years. Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, an unexpected tragedy forces them out of the shadows to reunite against mankind's most ancient enemy, the Deviants.
- Gemma Chan as Sersi
- Richard Madden as Ikaris
- Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo
- Lia McHugh as Sprite
- Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos
- Lauren Ridloff as Makkari
- Barry Keoghan as Druig
- Don Lee as Gilgamesh
- Kit Harington as Dane Whitman/Black Knight
- Salma Hayek as Ajak
- Angelina Jolie as Thena
- Harish Patel as Karun
- Haaz Sleiman as Phastos' Husband
- Zain Al Rafeea as a to-be-confirmed character
- Gil Birmingham as a to-be-confirmed character
- Ozer Ercan as a to-be-confirmed character
- Jashaun St. John as a to-be-confirmed character
- Harry Styles as a to-be-confirmed character
- To-be-confirmed actor as James
- To-be-confirmed actress as Karen
- To-be-confirmed actor as Kro
- To-be-confirmed actor as Arishem the Judge
- To-be-confirmed actor as Jemiah the Analyzer
- To-be-confirmed actor as Hargen the Measurer
- To-be-confirmed actor as Nezarr the Calculator
On April 24, 2018, Kevin Feige revealed that a film based on Eternals was actively being discussed for the Phase Four slate and that there were intentions to have the film focus on the character Sersi.
On June 25, 2018, Feige stated in an interview with Screen Rant that he was interested in having the film explore the Eternals being the inspiration for the myths and legends that were prominent throughout the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
On September 21, 2018, Chloé Zhao, who was in the running to direct Black Widow, was announced as the director of the film after a shortlist that included Nicole Kassell, Travis Knight, and the duo of Cristina Gallego and Ciro Guerra, while it was announced that the film would focus on a love story between Sersi and Ikaris.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, the cast was revealed and Kevin Feige announced that the film was scheduled to hit theaters on November 6, 2020.
On August 24, 2019, at D23 Expo 2019, Kevin Feige announced that Barry Keoghan, Gemma Chan, and Kit Harington were joining the cast of the film, as Druig, Sersi, and Dane Whitman/Black Knight respectively.
On February 1, 2020, it was reported that principal photography had officially wrapped.
On September 23, 2020, it was announced that the film had been pushed back from its February 12, 2021 release date to November 5, 2021, a year after its initial release date.
On January 3, 2021, Chloé Zhao revealed in an interview that she wrote the final screenplay for the film.
On May 24, 2021, the film's teaser poster was released and it revealed that Gil Birmingham had joined the cast in an undisclosed role.
|The End of the World||Skeeter Davis||
- ‘Black Widow,’ ‘Eternals,’ ‘Indiana Jones 5’ and More Disney Films Get New Release Dates
- Eternals (Movie, 2021) - Marvel.com
- REVEALED: The secret Bollywood connection in Marvel’s The Eternals; Guess which Indian celeb stars in the film!
- Haaz Sleiman on Instagram - October 4, 2019
- Haaz Sleiman on “Little America” and Kissing Marvel’s First Gay Superhero
- Secrets of Eternals on Twitter - November 11, 2019
- News Update! Congrats Ozer Ercan who has been cast in the upcoming Marvel Super Hero Movie - The Eternals.
- The magic of Chloé Zhao: How the Oscars favorite gets brilliant performances from non-actors
- Malcolm Edwards is listed as his hair stylist on IMDB
- EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios Looking For A Gay Asian Lead For ‘The Eternals’
- Exclusive: ‘The Eternals’ Mystery Character ‘Karen’ is Revealed!
- First Look at ‘Eternals’ Villain Kro Revealed Via Leaked Merchandise
- DR Movie News on Twitter - April 23, 2021
- Marvel’s ‘Eternals’ Production Officially Heading To The Spanish Canary Islands
- Marvel Boss Kevin Feige Confirms ‘Eternals’ Movie in Development (Exclusive)
- Marvel Sets Black List Writers for 'Eternals' Movie (Exclusive)
- Exclusive: The Eternals Movie Can Play With MCU History
- 'Jessica Jones' Director in Talks to Helm 'Star Trek 4'
- Marvel Studios' 'The Eternals' Finds Its Director With Chloe Zhao
- Marvel's 'The Eternals' Production Start Date and Location Revealed
- Angelina Jolie in Talks to Make Marvel Debut With 'The Eternals' (Exclusive)
- EXCLUSIVE: Marvel’s ‘The Eternals’ Expected To Begin Filming On September 16th In London
- Kumail Nanjiani in Talks to Join Angelina Jolie in Marvel's 'The Eternals' (Exclusive)
- Marvel Studios Taps Ma Dong-seok for ‘The Eternals’ (Exclusive)
- Richard Madden in Talks to Join Angelina Jolie in 'The Eternals'
- Salma Hayek Eyed to Join Marvel Studios’ ‘The Eternals’ (Exclusive)
- SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
- The Eternals: First Photos of Reported Sets Surface Online
- Gemma Chan in Talks to Join Marvel’s ‘The Eternals’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Exclusive: ‘Dunkirk’ Star Barry Keoghan in Talks to Join Marvel’s ‘The Eternals’
- D23 Expo 2019: All the Movies News from the Marvel Studios Presentation
- Richard Madden Reveals Eternals Has Wrapped Filming
- The Walt Disney Studios Announces Updated Release Schedule
- Kumail Nanjiani on Twitter - April 3, 2020
- ‘Black Widow,’ ‘West Side Story,’ ‘Eternals’ Postpone Release Dates
- Lauren Ridloff (Marvel’s Eternals) on BAFTA Breakthrough 2020
- Eternals News on Twitter - January 3, 2021