Eir is an Asgardian maiden and talented physician.
When Frigga discovered that Loki was alive after falling into the Yggdrasil itself, and that he intended to conquer Earth, Odin sent Thor using dark energy to retrieve Loki, since the Bifrost Bridge was destroyed. However, that process left Odin in a very weakened state, and he was put under Eir's care.
When Jane Foster became infected by a primordial force known as the Aether, she was brought to Asgard for treatment. Eir was then called upon to treat Foster, although she could do little to treat the human. However, she was able to provide information about the nature of the infection through use of the Soul Forge. She initially ignored Foster's attempts to understand Asgardian technology; she was surprised and somewhat impressed when Foster correctly guessed the Soul Forge's basic functions. Eir was later present at Frigga's funeral.
Powers and Abilities
- Asgardian Physiology: As an Asgardian, Eir has superhuman abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Asgardians, Eir is superhumanly strong and possessed greater physical strength than the average human.
- Superhuman Durability: Eir's body is more resistant to physical harm than that of a human being.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite her durability, Eir can be injured. However, her metabolism allows her to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissue with greater speed and efficiency than that of a human being.
- Longevity: Like all Asgardians, Eir ages far slower than humans and has lived for thousands of years.
- Physician: Eir can easily evaluate and treat injuries and illnesses received by Asgardians. She was able to provide information about the nature of Jane Foster's infection by the Aether.