- "Daisy, please help! We are running out of time. This is where I die."
- ―Edwin Abbott to Daisy Johnson
Edwin Abbott was the owner of a grocery store in New York City. After touching the Inhuman Charles Hinton, he had a vision of his own death, and called S.H.I.E.L.D. for help. However, HYDRA arrived to recover Hinton, attacking S.H.I.E.L.D. and killing Abbott in the process.
- "Daisy, help. Save me, please."
- ―Edwin Abbott
Abbott had a grocery store in New York City. One night, as he was about to open his store, he saw Charles Hinton outside. He told him he did not want to loose customers, so Abbott wanted to give him some money to buy some food. Hinton refused but Abbott touched him and suddenly, he saw a vision of his own death by HYDRA. In the vision there was also Daisy Johnson from S.H.I.E.L.D., who Abbot knew could save him. He called the police and asked for Johnson.
- "We're running out of time, Daisy. This is where I die."
- ―Edwin Abbott
S.H.I.E.L.D. traced the call and arrived to his location. Daisy Johnson approached him and asked him how he knew her name, so Abbott told her about Charles Hinton and how he had seen this moment. Johnson then asked him how he knew HYDRA would kill him, so Abbott said that Melinda May would scream that name when they come from the sky. And indeed, an HYDRA QuadCopter arrived and started to shoot at them. Abbott knew there was nothing to do and he shot to his death.
- New York City Police Department
- Edwin Abbott's name is a reference to Reverend Edwin Abbott Abbott, a 19th century British theologian and schoolmaster, and author of the book "Flatland", a satirical novel that is praised for his contribution on the examination of dimensions. Leo Fitz's explanation of spacetime in the episode, through the example of a two dimensional being in a three dimensional world, is entirely drawn from "Flatland".