Edward Charles Allan "Eddie" Brock is the human host of the symbiote Venom. After being transported to another universe as a result of a spell cast by Doctor Strange, he learned about the Avengers, Spider-Man and Thanos before being returned back to his universe.
Sudden Arrival to a New Universe
- "Where are we?"
- ―Eddie Brock[src]
Eddie Brock was bonded to the symbiote known as Venom and together they became the vigilante known as the Lethal Protector. Unbeknownst to Brock, in another universe, a spell cast by Doctor Strange transported people from any universe who knew Peter Parker's secret identity as Spider-Man into his own. As a result of Venom accessing a multiversal symbiote hive mind, Venom became aware of Parker being Spider-Man and thus was taken out of its universe, along with its host Brock, and brought into Strange's universe. Finding themselves in a resort room, Venom and Brock saw a report on television from The Daily Bugle where J. Jonah Jameson showed a photo of Parker and hashly criticized Spider-Man for his actions. Upon seeing Parker's face on the television, Venom took over Brock's body and licked the television.
Returning to His Universe
Brock then left the room and went to the resort's bar in an attempt to make sense of his surroundings. He conversed with a bartender and learned that he was in another universe where several individuals with superhuman abilities existed. Brock was told of Iron Man and Hulk's existence, as well as how an alien named Thanos sought to obtain the Infinity Stones and caused people to disappear. Brock dismissed the story as he believed all aliens had the singular desire to eat brains as Venom did. The bartender took offense at this, informing Brock that Thanos caused his family to disappear for five years.
Brock took sympathy on the bartender and expressed a desire to go to New York City and meet with Spider-Man. Brock stood up to leave while Venom suggested that they go skinny dipping instead. As Brock informed Venom that they would not go skinny dipping, the bartender reminded him that he needed to pay the bill. However, Brock was swiftly transported back to his own universe as a result of Doctor Strange's spell.
Eddie Brock is an inquisitive individual, seeking to learn as much as he could upon being transported to another universe. However, he is not extremely open-minded, reacting skeptically when informed about the existence of Iron Man, Hulk and Thanos and refusing to believe that an alien like Thanos would seek magic stones instead of eating brains due to his experience with Venom.
- Venom - Symbiote
- In the comics, Eddie Brock is a reporter who was embarrassed in front of his fellow journalists by Spider-Man. Developing a hatred for Spider-Man, he headed to a church to commit suicide where he bonded with a symbiote, becoming Venom.
Behind the Scenes
- Eddie Brock in the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues the live-action incarnation of the character from Sony's Spider-Man Universe, who was also portrayed by Tom Hardy; he is the second incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Topher Grace.
- Tom Hardy was uncredited for his appearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- Eddie Brock and Venom are shown entering the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the mid-credits-scene of Venom: Let There Be Carnage. The scene was created through a collaboration between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Studios and was shot on the set of Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home Mid-credit Scene
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- As depicted in the film Venom: Let There Be Carnage.
- Venom 2 Post Credits Scene and the Future of MCU – The Hollywood Reporter
- Kevin Feige Discusses the Decision to Put Venom in the MCU
- Kevin Feige on Eternals, Venom/Spider-Man Post-Credits Scene – The Hollywood Reporter
- 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' Interviews With Tom Holland, Zendaya, Kevin Feige & More - YouTube