|For alternate versions of Druig, see Druig's Character Hub|
- "I've watched humans destroy each other when I could stop it all in a heartbeat. Do you know what that does to someone after centuries? Could our mission have been a mistake? Are we really helping these people build a better world? We're just like the soldiers down there. Pawns to their leaders. Blinded by loyalty."
- ―Druig to Ajak[src]
Druig is a member of the genetically-engineered Eternals, which came to Earth around 5000 BC. He possesses the ability to control minds. Despite developing a close relationship with fellow Eternal Makkari, he grew disillusioned with their mission and chose to leave the Eternals, forming a society of mind-controlled humans. Living in a self imposed exile for centuries, Druig led his secret society, keeping them safe from what he saw as the horrors of the outside world.
When the Eternals reformed in 2023 to stop the Emergence, they traveled to Druig's compound to convince him to join them once again. While he was initially unwilling, the Deviant attack on his people forced him to reconsider, and he reconciled with his old friends. Following their victory, Druig and the remaining Eternals went their separate ways, with Druig joining Makkari and Thena in leaving Earth aboard the Domo in order to search for other Eternals across the galaxy. In space, the trio encountered Thanos' brother, Starfox.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Creation
- 1.2 Protecting Humans
- 1.3 Emergence
- 1.4 Finding Other Eternals
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Facilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 References
- 10 External Links
|This section requires expansion|
Druig was built and programmed by Arishem the Judge, and was presumably sent to multiple planets to protect and help evolve sentient life forms from the Deviants, powering a Celestial seed inside the planet, which would absorb the energy made from the sentient lifeforms. Eventually, the Emergence would occur, destroying the planet in the process. Upon finishing their mission, the Eternals would be sent back to the World Forge to have their memories erased and reset.
Arriving on Earth
Druig alongside the rest of the Eternals were sent to Earth on the Domo. Once awoken, the Eternals were provided with suits to wear before arriving at the planet. Not being one of the Eternal's main fighters, Druig waited as the others fought the Deviants. When the Deviants attacking the humans were defeated, Druig came down, using his powers to calm the humans, and the Eternals presented themselves to the race they were assigned to protect.
After the Spanish invasion on the Aztec Capital of Tenochtitlan, a devastated Druig, upset at the loss of his home and the humans he grew to love, wanted to be able to save the place from devastation. Much to his frustration, he didn't get any support from the Eternals as Ajak instructed them to abstain from human affairs; this command was particularly conflicting for Druig, since with his power he can easily render and bring an era of peace in an otherwise war-torn time for generations to come, albeit at the cost of depriving humanity of their free will. Feeling deeply impacted from how the Eternals have been abstaining from human affairs, he deserts them to end the Spanish conflict himself, through the use of his mind control abilities, taking a group of humans with them, successfully leading them into a life of isolation.
Starting a Community
Over the next five hundred years, Druig founded and managed to run a community controlled by his own mind control powers deep within the Peruvian Amazonia. He started a settlement and managed a peaceful lifestyle off the shores of Lake Junin, running a camp composed of farmers, woodworkers, and fishermen, among others.
Reuniting with the Eternals
As Sersi, Ikaris, Gilgamesh, Thena, Sprite and Kingo come to ask for his help to stop the Emergence, he refused and mocked his fellow Eternals of their doings for the past centuries. Specifically Ikaris, as he was always thought to be the most powerful ,but Ajak chose to have Sersi take over instead.
After refusing to help the Eternals, they were ambushed by Deviants. Druig mind-controlled his followers to fire guns at the creatures, but it ultimately didn't do any damage forcing Druig himself to enter the fray. Sersi convinced Druig to stop and to evacuate his followers to the nearby lake, he agreed and let them go.
Returning to the Domo
He and his fellow Eternals returned to the Domo to figure out a way to stop the emergence from happening. There, he reunited with Makkari, visibly being flirtatious and gentle with her compared to his attitude towards the others.
When Phastos built the uni-mind, Druig quickly realized that Ajak's death was no accident and it was Ikaris who killed her as Sersi looked at him in terror.
As Thena was distracting Ikaris from finding out about their plan, she descended along with Druig, Sersi, Makkari as Druig used his powers to put Tiamut to sleep. Ikaris quickly realized this and shot Druig into the ground with his powers, wounding him and putting him temporarily out of commission. A devastated Makkari thought he was dead and sought revenge as she battled Ikaris.
He was then revealed to be alive as he hit Sprite with a rock after she stabbed Sersi, giving the latter the time to stop Tiamut from emerging. He later reunited with Makkari and resided in Phastos's house and left with Makkari and Thena to the Domo to search for other Eternals.
Finding Other Eternals
While on the Domo, they were confused as to why the other Eternals weren't communicating with them. Thena quickly realized that Arishem found out about the plan and took them, when suddenly Starfox came through the Domo through a portal, revealing that he was the Prince of Titan,Thanos' brother. He offered help and informed them that their friends were in danger.
Druig has become withdrawn from the other Eternals because he disagrees with how they've interacted with humanity over the centuries. Aloof and powerful, at times it's hard to determine whether he's friend or foe. Despite Druig's antagonistic nature, he is also pacifistic and has been tempted more than once to use his powers to end conflicts, only to be bound by Ajak's authority until he had enough and broke off from his peers, leading to the Eternals' splitting. And while he despises humanity's self-destructive capacities and belligerent inclinations, Druig also acknowledges and respects that the human race's aligning flaws and sense of individuality is what defines their kind which all but prevented him from completely enslaving their species under his thrall.
Powers and Abilities
- Eternal Physiology: By design from the Celestials, Druig is an Eternal possessing superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes, and healing, numerous times superior than any normal human being, as well as immortality and being able to manipulate cosmic energy to a certain degree.
- Superhuman Strength: Like all Eternals, Druig possesses great superhuman strength, numerous times stronger than any normal human being. During their attempt to stop the Emergence, Druig was able to hit Sprite over the head with a rock hard enough to knock her out; and before that, he presumably had to dig himself out of the crevice that Ikaris buried him in.
- Superhuman Durability: Druig's body is numerous times more resistant to physical and energy damage than any normal human being. During the final battle with Ikaris, Druig was able to withstand the cosmic energy beams projected at Druig's back by Ikaris in an attempt to stop him from putting the celestial to sleep, which caused Druig to stumble slightly. Druig even able to withstand the fall from extreme heights, as Ikaris grabbed Druig and flew up to the sky, where he used considerable force to throw him to the ground while projecting cosmic energy beams onto him, causing Druig to crash deep into the ground. Druig was able to withstand and survive all these vicious attacks with nothing more than a black eye. Further to this, Druig followed Sersi and Sprite into the molten grounds surrounding the volcano in order to help Sersi. He appeared unfazed by the immense heat generated by the lava and scorched earth around him.
- Superhuman Speed: Druig can run and move at great superhuman speed, much faster than any normal human being.
- Superhuman Agility: Druig naturally possesses far greater agility, equilibrium, flexibility, dexterity, balance, and body coordination than any normal human being. During the Deviant attack in the Amazon forest, Druig was able to leap under a Deviants tail with precision to grab a shotgun, and then jump over the Deviant, which is considerably large in size, and use the shotgun to shoot it in the back of his head.
- Superhuman Stamina: Druig's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than any normal human being. As a result, his muscles virtually do not produce fatigue toxins during physical activity. His endurance allows him to exercise his maximum capacity for an extremely long period of time without tiring at all.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Druig can react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, much quicker than any normal human being.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Druig's metabolism enables him to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than any normal human being. During the emergence, and after his attack by Ikaris, Druig suffered some minor facial damage. This appeared to be fully healed by the time he joined the other Eternals on the beach, after they had defeated Tiamut.
- Immortality: As an Eternal, Druig is genetically able to live forever, without dying due to old age or illnesses.
- Cosmic Energy Manipulation: By design of the Celestials, all Eternals are genetically capable of using cosmic energy. Each Eternal possesses a unique ability, all derived from the same cosmic power source. The Eternals can also harness their comic powers together to create the Uni-Mind, which amplifies their powers. Druig is able to use his cosmic energy to control the minds of others.
- Mental Manipulation: Druig has the powerful ability to control minds with his cosmic energy.
- Telepathy: Druig was able to read Ikaris' mind.
- Possession: As seen during the Eternals arrival at his compound, he possessed the body of one of his followers, greeting Sprite through him as proxy.
- Uni-Mind Energy Manipulation: To be added
- Levitation: To be added
- Genius-Level Intellect: To be added
- Expert Combatant: To be added
- Expert Marksman: To be added
- Expert Acrobat: To be added
- Multilingualism: To be added
- Shotgun: Druig is proficient with a shotgun, having owned one at his compound. Druig used his shotgun against an attacking Deviant when his compound was under siege.
- Celestial Armor: Druig donned a black armor, equipped on him by the Domo. The armor was durable enough to withstand multiple blows during the fight with the Deviants.
- Domo: Druig, along with other Eternals, boarded on the Domo during their mission on Earth.
- Druig's Compound: Druig stayed in an isolated compound with his mind-controlled humans after leaving the Eternals.
- In the comics, Druig is a former agent of the KGB and a cousin to Ikaris. With a hunger for power, he often opposes the Eternals in order to establish dominance over them. Despite his various conflicts with them, he is always welcomed back into Eternal society to preserve unity.
Behind the Scenes
- Bradley Marsden was a stunt double and a stand-in for Barry Keoghan in the role of Druig.
- David Prater was a photo double for Barry Keoghan in the role of Druig.
- Keanu Reeves, Luke Evans, Rami Malek and Ian McShane were considered for the role of Druig, before Barry Keoghan was cast.