- "I was trying to protect Patsy. Her brand is her legacy."
"You can't stop selling your daughter, even if it kills her."
"I finally understand you. Like mother, like daughter. She must be so proud of the heartless monster that you grew up to be."
"My mother is brain-damaged. What's your excuse?"
- ―Dorothy Walker and Jessica Jones
- "This is family business. You're not part of any family."
- ―Dorothy Walker to Jessica Jones
Dorothy constantly exploited Trish as "Patsy", her TV persona. To further improve Patsy's image, and to avoid a bad tabloid article, she went to the hospital and adopted Jessica Jones, a girl who went to the same school as Trish.
One night, she forced Trish to vomit in the toilet, calling her "Fatsy", until Jones intervened by using her enhanced strength to throw Dorothy out the bathroom, forming a bond between Trish and Jones. However, this incident exposed to Dorothy that Jones had powers.
Eventually, she and her daughter parted ways and did not speak to each other for a long time.
- "And it will hurt. Need a better tagline."
- ―Dorothy Walker to Jessica Jones
Overhearing that Trish was sent to the hospital, Dorothy visited her one morning to give her flowers. It did not go to a good start, as Trish continued to remind her that she did not want anything to do with her. She claimed that she was an avid listener of Trish Talk and admitted to being a terrible mother. The conversation went nowhere and she left to shout at a few nurses to lift her spirits.
Later that day, she stopped by Trish Walker's Apartment with a file from IGH, after overhearing her say the name. Trish thought she wanted something from her, but Dorothy claimed she wanted a relationship as mother and daughter. She revealed that the file was, in fact, Jessica Jones' medical bill, which might explain her powers. At first, her act of kindness felt sincere, until she suggested that Trish help endorse a client's bottled water product. Trish saw through the manipulation and asked her to get out. Dorothy sent the file nonetheless for Trish to read.
Securing a Legacy
A New Show
To be added
To be added
Dorothy overlooked Jessica's interview and coached her as she had coached Trish previously.
While Jessica Jones and Trish Walker were searching for Gregory Sallinger's next target, believing it was Mona Lee, the psychopath in fact went after Dorothy Walker, as she was both Jessica and Trish's mother. Taking her by surprise, Sallinger bound Dorothy in her own home. After intense torture, and after Sallinger thought she had shown her truth, he killed Dorothy by slitting her throat.
Later, while still searching for Sallinger's next target, Jessica realized that Dorothy was his next victim. At the same time Trish went to her mother's house, and seeing the door ajar, found her mother bound, tortured, and dead. Jessica then called, hoping that Dorothy was still alive, was answered by Trish, and learned that her adopted mother had been murdered by Sallinger.
- "Don't give up. She would want you to do everything you can with what you've been given. My mom was intense... and aggravating. And she could be mean as hell. But if Dorothy believed that you had talent, she would move heaven and earth to make damn sure you used it. Mom didn't want to hear about failure. She only wanted to hear three words. "I've got this.""
- ―Trish Walker
In many ways, Dorothy's mindset in not unsurprising. She and her Trish were poor, and when Trish got the part as Patsy, Dorothy began to see her as a source of income as much as a daughter. This led to much of her cruelty, because if 'Patsy' wasn't making money, Dorothy was going back to the unpleasant life of poverty she had before. her cruelty towards Trish was a way of staying in control, to ensure Trish did what she had to so as to stay a money maker. As those steps often clash with personal happiness or benefit (i.e. schooling) they were often back-seated.
- Expert Businesswoman: Dorothy is a ruthless businesswoman and talent agent, exploiting her daughter Trish and her TV persona, Patsy, to gain wealth and a reputation in the world of show business. When trying to improve the public perception of Trish after an incident, Dorothy proceeded to adopt Jessica Jones purely as a publicity stunt, instead of doing it as a selfless act of charity.
- Devlin Hoskins
- Kourtney - Client
- Keith - Ex-Boyfriend
- Britney Kovak - Client
- Mrs. Kovak - Client
- Griffin Sinclair
- Hogarth and Associates
- Alias Investigations
|Appearances for Dorothy Walker|
In chronological order:
- In the comics, Dorothy Walker was one of Marvel's oldest female characters, originating from "Miss America" like her daughter. Originally, these adventures are only teenage romantic comedies where Dorothy is depicted as a housewife. Later, it was revealed that Patsy's teenage adventures were fictitious comics based on her life and were written by Dorothy herself. This career is hinted towards with her live-action counterpart as well who is a child talent agent. The great difference is that the original version is not an abusive mother.