Dogs (Canis lupus familiaris, or Canis familiaris) are a race of mammals native to Earth. Dogs, while commonly feral in wildlife, are one of the most widely domesticated fauna on the planet, with humans frequently adopting them as pets and domestic companions.
As a final examination test, all HYDRA members enlisted in their private academy had to prove their loyalty to the organization by executing their canine companions. This personally affected Hale, Jasper Sitwell, and later, Ruby Hale.
During the time Bruce Banner was living in Rio de Janeiro, he had a dog living with him named Ricky. After General Thaddeus Ross discovered Banner's location and sent a team to capture him, Banner escaped, leaving Ricky behind.
A dog named Buddy was the only companion of a teenaged Grant Ward when he was taken from a prison in Massachusetts to the wilderness of Wyoming by John Garrett to learn self-reliance. Six months later, Ward and Buddy had become close. Whenever Ward shot a deer, Buddy would fetch it for him.
Garrett, in order to teach Ward emotional detachment to become a HYDRA sleeper within S.H.I.E.L.D., ordered him to kill the dog before they could go to S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy. However, Ward was unable to kill Buddy, and instead he fired his gun to the air and allowed Buddy to run away into the woods. Buddy later appeared through Ward's sniper scope, as the dog searched for a kill. Buddy was killed by Ward and Ward told the story of his dog to Kara Palamas, who later relayed it to Bobbi Morse.
Cosmo was sent into space by the Soviet Union on a mission and was captured by the Collector. He was put into one of the exhibits in the Collector's Museum on Knowhere. In 2014, Cosmo watched as the Guardians of the Galaxy met with the Collector. He then survived the Power Stone's explosion of the place and was freed from his exhibit. Later, he showed his loyalty to the Collector by licking his face.
With the intent on following Adrian Toomes' Crew, Spider-Man chased them by using the suburbs to catch up to the van, and was caught off guard by a dog in which he preceded to through a ball at as a distraction.
Following the incident at the Saint Agnes Orphanage, FBI and NYPD arrived to the church to find Karen Page and Daredevil who were the main suspects. After FBI agents Ray Nadeem and Benjamin Poindexter found that Page and Daredevil had disappeared, they brought search dogs to track them.
In 2023, within the Hex, while playing outside in Westview, New Jersey, Tommy and Billy Maximoff found a dog. They then brought him inside to give him a bath in the kitchen sink, when their mother caught them. The boys asked if they could keep the dog, and their mother agreed. After naming the dog Sparky and teaching him some tricks, Sparky ran out the door chasing a drone launched by S.W.O.R.D.. However, Sparky was then killed by Agatha Harkness who falsely claimed that he had eaten too many Azalea leaves.
- A species similar to dogs lived on the planet Morag when it was inhabited, thousands of years ago. When he landed on the planet on 2014, Star-Lord saw a holographic "dog" playing with its mistress as he searched for the Orb.
- In Avengers: Infinity War, Rocket Raccoon refers to the Outriders as Space Dogs, indicating there are also dogs outside of Earth.
- James Gunn on Twitter - April 25, 2022
- Ant-Man Prelude
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.15: Rise and Shine
- Daredevil: 1.07: Stick
- The Incredible Hulk Movie Novelization
- The Incredible Hulk
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.06: FZZT
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 1.21: Ragtag
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. : 2.21: S.O.S. Part One
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Guardians of the Galaxy Post-Credits Scene
- Ant-Man - Scott Lang: Small Time
- Jessica Jones 1.06: AKA You're a Winner
- Daredevil: 2.03: New York's Finest
- Daredevil: 2.04: Penny and Dime
- Iron Fist: 1.01: Snow Gives Way
- Captain America: Civil War
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Daredevil: 3.11: Reunion
- Avengers: Endgame
- WandaVision: 1.05: On a Very Special Episode
- WandaVision: 1.07: Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Black Widow
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Spider-Man: No Way Home