|For other uses, see Doctor Strange (disambiguation)|
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is an upcoming superhero film, based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. The film is a sequel to Doctor Strange, Avengers: Endgame, and Spider-Man 3 and a crossover/sequel to WandaVision and Loki. It is the twenty-eighth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the fifth film of Phase Four. The film is set to be released on March 25, 2022.
To be added
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Benedict Wong as Master Wong
- Rachel McAdams as Doctor Christine Palmer
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Karl Mordo
- Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez
To be added
To be added
To be added
To be added
To be added
On June 28, 2018, Kevin Feige revealed that there are plans to make a sequel to Doctor Strange.
On December 11, 2018, The Hollywood Reporter announced that Scott Derrickson would be returning to direct the sequel, with scripting planned to occur throughout 2019 while filming was expected to begin in early 2020 for an expected release in May 2021. Marvel had previously scheduled an upcoming film for release on May 7, 2021.
On July 20, 2019, at San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Kevin Feige revealed that the title of the film would be Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and that it was scheduled to hit theaters on May 7, 2021. After Feige revealed the title of the film, Scott Derrickson stated "If I'm gonna do it, it has to go into the territory that drew me into the Doctor Strange comics in the first place, which is how they dipped into the gothic and the horror and the horrific, and we're going to make the first scary MCU film." It was also announced that Elizabeth Olsen would be reprising her Marvel Cinematic Universe role of Wanda Maximoff, as the film would connect to the events in the Disney+ series WandaVision.
On October 17, 2019, Collider reported that Marvel Studios had tapped screenwriter Jade Bartlett to write the film.
On January 9, 2020, Variety reported that Scott Derrickson had stepped down as director due to creative differences, but that he would remain on the film as an executive producer, which Derrickson himself affirmed. It was also reported that there won’t be any unexpected delays when it comes to shooting.
On February 5, 2020, Variety reported that Sam Raimi was in talks to replace Scott Derrickson as the director of the film. It was also reported that Rachel McAdams, who was previously confirmed to be reprising her role as Christine Palmer, would not be returning for the sequel.
On February 7, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Michael Waldron, head writer and showrunner of Loki, had been tapped to write the film, replacing Jade Bartlett. That same day, C. Robert Cargill clarified that neither he nor Scott Derrickson ever wrote a draft of the screenplay prior to their departure from the film and that Waldron's script would therefore not be derivative of their work.
On April 14, 2020, Sam Raimi revealed that he would be involved in the project.
On September 2, 2020, it was reported that the film will begin production in the United Kingdom in November. The next day, it was reported that the working title of the film was "Stellar Vortex".
On October 1, 2020, Benedict Cumberbatch revealed in an interview that the film was scheduled to begin production in late October or early November.
On November 20, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the film had started filming.
On December 10, 2020, Deadline reported that Rachel McAdams would be reprising her role as Christine Palmer in the sequel despite earlier reports that she would not be returning. That same day, during Disney’s 2020 Investor Day, Kevin Feige announced that Xochitl Gomez would portray America Chavez in the film and that the film would connect to the events of Spider-Man 3.
On January 6, 2021, in an interview during Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Elizabeth Olsen revealed that production on the film had been suspended due to a lockdown that was implemented in England as a way to try to slow the spread of COVID‑19.
- Exclusive: Sam Raimi on Spider-Man 2 Doctor Strange Reference
- 'The Batman' Enlists Composer Michael Giacchino
- 'Marvel Studios' ‘Doctor Strange’ and Marvel Studios' ‘Thor 4’ Conjure New Release Dates
- Scott Derrickson Returning to Direct 'Doctor Strange' Sequel
- Rachel McAdams Returning For ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness’
- Doctor Strange 2 Villain Plans and New Story Ideas Revealed
- Doctor Strange 2: Chiwetel Ejiofor Confirms Return as Mordo
- ‘Doctor Strange 2’: ‘Baby-Sitters Club’ Star Xochitl Gomez Joins Benedict Cumberbatch In Next Installment
- 'Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness': Sequel Introduces America Chavez, Sam Raimi Directing
- ‘Locke & Key’ Drama From Carlton Cuse, Joe Hill & IDW Gets Hulu Pilot Order, Scott Derrickson To Direct
- Kevin Feige Teases Doctor Strange 2, Says We Won’t See It For A While
- 'Kevin Feige Confirms 'Doctor Strange 2' Is Definitely Happening
- Disney Announces a Slew of New Marvel, Live-Action and Animation Release Dates Through 2023
- SDCC 2019: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
- Exclusive: Marvel Taps Jade Bartlett to Write ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’
- Bob Iger Takes the Gloves Off for Disney’s Streaming Debut
- Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness - Production List
- Scott Derrickson on Twitter - January 9, 2020
- ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ Director Scott Derrickson Drops Out (EXCLUSIVE)
- ‘Doctor Strange’ Director Scott Derrickson to Return for Sequel
- Sam Raimi in Talks to Direct ‘Doctor Strange 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Doctor Strange 2' Lands New Writer With 'Loki' Show Creator (Exclusive)
- C. Robert Cargill on Twitter - February 7, 2020
- The Walt Disney Studios Announces Updated Release Schedule
- ‘Spider-Man’ Sequels Pushed Back Amid Sony Release Schedule Shuffle
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘DOCTOR STRANGE’ SEQUEL SET TO FILM IN NOVEMBER
- EXCLUSIVE: WORKING TITLE OF ‘DOCTOR STRANGE’ SEQUEL REVEALED
- BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH & THE JAEGER-LECOULTRE POLARIS MARINER MEMOVOX
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' Sequel Shoot to Begin in July (Exclusive)
- Elizabeth Olsen on WandaVision Fan Theories & Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Clip