Li Ching-Lin, also known as Death Dealer, was a high-ranking warrior of the Ten Rings and a loyal follower of Xu Wenwu. Having trained many of the warriors in the Ten Rings, he took up Wenwu's son Shang-Chi as an apprentice until Shang-Chi fled to the United States. Death Dealer was part of a team tasked to capture the Eyes of the Dragon from Xu Xialing in Macau. Death Dealer tracked down Shang-Chi and Xialing at the Golden Daggers Club, where he fought against Shang-Chi but lost. Death Dealer accompanied Wenwu as they journeyed to Ta Lo to break open a sealed gate where Ying Li was believed to have been held captive. Unbeknownst to them, it had housed the draconic monster Dweller-in-Darkness and an army of Soul Eaters, which killed Death Dealer by sucking out his soul to be harvested for the Dweller.
Death Dealer is seen training warriors of the Ten Rings following the death of Ying Li and Xu Wenwu taking up leadership of the organization once more. When Wenwu brings his son Shang-Chi into the compound to begin his training, Death Dealer looks at Shang-Chi, imposing fear on him. Over the next 7 years, under the orders of Wenwu, Death Dealer would train Shang-Chi from sunup to sundown, putting him through the wringer every day.
Chasing the Pendant
Death Dealer accompanied the Ten Rings to steal Xu Xialing's pendant at her fight club in Macau. He managed to take her pendant, and was stopped by Shang-Chi before making it to the helicopter. Death Dealer and Shang-Chi fought, with the latter nearly killing him before Xu Wenwu stopped him.
Battle at Ta Lo and Death
Death Dealer later accompanied the Ten Rings army to Ta Lo, where Xu Wenwu planned to open the gate he believed was the prison of his late wife. However, the gate in reality held a great evil, the Dweller-in-Darkness. He fought alongside the Ten Rings against the villagers and warriors of Ta Lo, led by Ying Nan. When Xu Wenwu began breaking the seal, it allowed the first of the Soul Eaters to escape. As they flew over the village, they found Death Dealer, grabbed him off the ground, and removed his soul from his body to be consumed by the Dweller.
Death Dealer did not speak, but was shown to be cold and uncaring, subjecting the young Shang-Chi to years of abuse. He showed immense loyalty to the Mandarin, following his orders as part of his organization and training Shang-Chi for him. He saw the training as necessary and did not hesitate to injure Shang-Chi, cutting his face with a blade on one occasion.
- Master Martial Artist: Death Dealer was an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist, training the warriors of the Ten Rings. His greatest student was Shang-Chi, who would become skilled enough to finally surpass him years later. He was skilled enough to match the now adult Shang-Chi ten years later for some time, before being overtaken by his former protégé. He put up a fight with Ying Nan, before being killed by the Soul Eaters.
- Knife Mastery: To be added
- Staff Mastery: To be added
- Master Acrobat: To be added
- Bilingualism: Death Dealer could fluently understand his native Chinese and English.
- Knives: To be added
- Ten Rings Headquarters: To be added
- In the comics, Li Ching-Lin was a double-crossing MI6 agent working for Fu Manchu, known for his extremely brutal methods. After being chased down by the organization and nearly killed by Shang-Chi under order of his sister Fah Lo Suee, he was given the title and attire of Death Dealer by Fu Manchu and became one of Shang-Chi's greatest enemies. In the film, Death Dealer replaces Cho Lin, the trainer of Shang-Chi.