|For other uses, see Daredevil (disambiguation)|
- "Lawyer by day, vigilante by night."
- ―Claire Temple
The series was created by Drew Goddard, with Steven S. DeKnight serving as showrunner for the first season. The whole season premiered on April 10, 2015. On April 21, 2015, the series was renewed for a second season. Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez joined the series as showrunners for its second season. On July 21, 2016, the series was renewed for a third season. Erik Oleson served as showrunner on the third season. The whole season premiered on October 19, 2018.
Marvel's Daredevil is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.
Just when Matt thinks he is bringing order back to the city, new forces are rising in Hell's Kitchen. Now the Man Without Fear must take on a new adversary in Frank Castle and face an old flame – Elektra Natchios.
Bigger problems emerge when Frank Castle, a man looking for vengeance, is reborn as the Punisher, a man who takes justice into his own hands in Matt's neighborhood. Meanwhile, Matt must balance his duty to his community as a lawyer and his dangerous life as the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, facing a life-altering choice that forces him to truly understand what it means to be a hero.
Missing for months, Matt Murdock reemerges a broken man, putting into question his future as both vigilante Daredevil and lawyer Matthew Murdock. But when his archenemy Wilson Fisk is released from prison, Matt must choose between hiding from the world or embracing his destiny as a hero.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil (Seasons 1-3)
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page (Seasons 1-3)
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson (Seasons 1-3)
- Toby Leonard Moore as James Wesley † (Season 1)
- Vondie Curtis-Hall as Ben Urich † (Season 1)
- Bob Gunton as Leland Owlsley † (Season 1)
- Ayelet Zurer as Vanessa Marianna (Seasons 1; Special Guest Star Season 3)
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple (Seasons 1-2)
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin (Seasons 1-3)
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle/Punisher (Season 2)
- Élodie Yung as Elektra (Season 2)
- Stephen Rider as Blake Tower (Season 2-3)
- Joanne Whalley as Maggie Grace (Season 3)
- Jay Ali as Ray Nadeem † (Season 3)
- Wilson Bethel as Benjamin Poindexter (Season 3)
- Scott Glenn as Stick † (Seasons 1-2)
- Peter McRobbie as Father Paul Lantom † (Seasons 1-3)
- Matt Gerald as Melvin Potter (Seasons 1-3)
- Peter Shinkoda as Nobu Yoshioka † (Season 1-2)
- Royce Johnson as Detective Sergeant Brett Mahoney (Seasons 1-3)
- Geoffrey Cantor as Mitchell Ellison (Seasons 1-3)
- Skylar Gaertner as Young Matt Murdock (Season 1)
- John Patrick Hayden as Jack Murdock † (Season 1,3)
- Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao (Seasons 1-2)
- Gideon Emery as Anatoly Ranskahov † (Season 1)
- Nikolai Nikolaeff as Vladimir Ranskahov † (Season 1)
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett (Seasons 1-2)
- Amy Rutberg as Marci Stahl (Seasons 1-3)
- Susan Varon as Josie (Seasons 1-2)
- Clancy Brown as Colonel Ray Schoonover † (Season 2)
- Michelle Hurd as District Attorney Samantha Reyes † (Season 2)
- McCaleb Burnett as Elliot Grote/Grotto † (Season 2)
- Ron Nakahara as Hirochi † (Season 2)
- Danny Johnson as Benjamin Donovan (Season 2-3)
- Marilyn Torres as Louisa Delgado † (Season 2)
- John Pirkis as Stan Gibson † (Season 2)
- Kate Udall as SAC Tammy Hattley (Season 3)
- Sunita Deshpande as Seema Nadeem (Season 3)
- Joe Jones as Felix Manning (Season 3)
- Annabella Sciorra as Rosalie Carbone (Season 3)
- Holly Cinnamon as Julie Barnes † (Season 3)
- Matthew McCurdy as Agent Wellers † (Season 3)
- Scotty Crowe as Agent Lim (Season 3)
- Don Castro as Agent Arinori † (Season 3)
Marvel Cinematic Universe Guest Stars
- On October 10, 2012, the rights to the character Daredevil were reverted from 20th Century Fox back to Marvel Studios.
- On November 7, 2013, Marvel announced a joint project with Netflix to bring a 13-episode series featuring Daredevil to television.
- On May 27, 2014, Charlie Cox was cast as Matt Murdock/Daredevil.
- The production of the series started in July 2014.
- The series description on Netflix lists it as TV-MA and as Exciting, Gritty, Dark.
- On November 29, 2018, Netflix canceled Daredevil after three seasons.
Behind the Scenes
- Daredevil (TV series) on Wikipedia
- Daredevil (TV series) on Netflix
- Daredevil (TV series) on the Marvel Wiki