Daniel Drumm was a Master of the Mystic Arts of Kamar-Taj who was charged as the protector of the New York Sanctum. However when a former member of the Masters of the Mystic Arts named Kaecilius betrayed them, he targeted the Sanctorum with his Zealots. Although Drumm attempted to protect the building, he was soon defeated and executed by Kaecilius.
Retrieving the Dark Scepter
Daniel Drumm and Master Minoru, two Masters of the Mystic Arts arrived at the Kamar-Taj to assist Wong and Kaecilius track down the Witch who had stolen a powerful relic. Drumm told Kaecilius that Wong's trepidation should be a sign to be careful and heed his instincts rather than just insult him. When Kaecilius asked why they were not doing their other duties Drumm told him the the situation proved serious enough that more than one member of the Masters of The Mystic was needed to subdue the thief. Kaecilius refused however and claimed that he could handle the thief himself. Drumm, Wong, and Minoru later arrived to find an unconscious Kaecilius who had been beaten by the thief and had underestimated the Staffs power.
Later at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the group confronted the thief and after a grueling battle with their combined efforts they were able to overpower her and claim the Scepter. With Drumm and Wong putting it with all the other mystical objects at the New York Sanctum.
Training with Kaecilius
- "I can't remember the last time a landed a blow on you... be careful Kaecilius. I feel as if you're letting your distractions get the better of you."
- ―Daniel Drumm to Kaecilius
Drumm listened to Kaecilius' concerns about the Ancient One not sharing her knowledge to the other Masters of the Mystic Arts during a training session, but Drumm told Kaecilius that it's not for the Masters to question the Ancient One's methods, but only to protect Earth from the forces that lie beyond.
Attack on the Sanctums
Reunion with the Ancient One
Drumm encountered Kaecilius and the Zealots in a battle before being defeated by Kaecilius. His death was witnessed by Doctor Stephen Strange, who soon made his presence known to the Zealots. His body was brought back to Kamar-Taj after Strange's battle with Kaecilius and Lucian Aster.
Powers and Abilities
- Master Sorcerer: As a member of the Masters of the Mystic Arts, Drumm possessed a considerable mastery of the mystic arts.
- Astral Projection: Drumm was capable of separating his astral form from his body, gaining access to the Astral Dimension.
- Skilled Martial Artist: To be added.
- Quarterstaff: A staff-like baton used by the Masters of the Mystic Arts for combat and magic.
- Sling Ring: A mystical object which enables the wearer to open a fiery portal to another location.
- In the comics, Daniel Drumm was a Haitian magician called Doctor Voodoo who was cursed and killed by the evil occultist Damballah. His soul was linked with his twin brother Jericho Drumm, who inherited his powers and his title.
- ↑ Scott Derrickson confirms intentional February 2, 2016 date for Strange's car crash.
- ↑ Scott Derrickson explains that Doctor Strange begins in fall and spans a little over a year, and that Strange is in recovery for 3-6 months.
- ↑ Mads Mikkelsen says Strange trains for roughly 9 months before his conflict with Kaecilius.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Doctor Strange
- ↑ Doctor Strange Prelude
- ↑ Doctor Strange Prelude - The Zealot
|Master of New York Sanctum|