The Impostor Skrull was one of the four Skrulls on the Skrull flagship who crashed on Planet C-53 in Los Angeles in 1995. He had attempted to infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D. under the guise of Phil Coulson, while attempting to track down and capture Vers. While intercepting her, Nick Fury realized the Skrull's deception, and during a scuffle, Fury deliberately crashed their cruiser into traffic, killing the Skrull.
In the aftermath of the Ambush on Torfa, the Impostor Skrull was present on Talos' Skrull flagship as one of his enforcers. When Vers had escaped Skrull custody, she fought her way through many of the Skrull defenses. The Impostor Skrull remained one of the few operable Skrulls remaining under Talos' command. He, Norex and one other Skrull enforcer took space pods, intercepting Vers to Planet C-53.
Crashing in Los Angeles
The four pods carrying him, Talos, Norex, and one other Skrull crash-landed in the Pacific Ocean, on the coast of California, and later emerged at a beach during a sun-sprawling morning in Los Angeles. While familiarizing themselves with their surroundings, the Skrulls were given orders by Talos to locate Vers. To blend in with the rest of the beach, the Impostor Skrull had alongside the rest of the group, simmed several human surfers.
Undercover as Phil Coulson
- "The train's heading for a tunnel up ahead!"
- ―Coulson Impostor Skrull
The impostor and the Skrull Spy had caught up to a S.H.I.E.L.D. task force led by Director Keller. The Skrull took the form of S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson. When Coulson left his post to do damage control in the area, the impostor assumed his position, and followed Nick Fury into his car when the Skrull Spy attacked.
He rode with Fury, speaking minimally so as to not arise any suspicion, and only instructing Fury to pursue the transit train carrying Vers. However, when Coulson returned to his post, he noticed everyone had left and called up Fury to see what was happening. The impostor, realizing his deception was exposed, drew a gun, but Fury fought back. When the Skrull tried to choke out Fury, he steered the S.H.I.E.L.D. cruiser passenger-side into a bus, killing the Skrull.
- "Safe journey to the beyond, my friend. I will finish what we started."
In the aftermath of the chase, the Skrull's corpse was taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody. Nick Fury supervised the S.H.I.E.L.D. mortician as he performed an autopsy on the deceased body. By this time, Talos, who had assumed the guise of Keller, arrived at the scene of the autopsy to discuss the mysterious woman that was center stage in the morning's events. As he sent Fury away to find her, Talos vowed to continue the Skrull mission in the deceased's honor.
Powers and Abilities
- Skrull Physiology: Unlike the many species on Earth, the impostor is a Skrull who is not a carbon-based life-form and possess a wide variety of superhuman abilities.
- Shapeshifting: Like the rest of his species, the impostor was able to shapeshift into sentient beings, though he has to visually perceive the person who is going to be imitated.
- Superhuman Strength: Like the rest of his species, the imposter was able to overpower Nick Fury before a car crash was able to kill him.
- Superhuman Durability: Like the rest of his species, the imposter possesses superhuman durability, however, he could not survive a car crash.
- Combatant: To be added
- Master Scientist: To be added
Behind the Scenes