- "Everybody wants to be the king."
Cornell Stokes, also known as Cottonmouth, is the owner of Harlem's Paradise, a nightclub in New York City. His criminal ongoings begin to threaten Luke Cage's world, making them unexpected foes.
To be added
- In the comics, Cornell Cottonmouth was a heroin trader that wanted to recruit Luke Cage for his organization when Cage was wrongly accused of drug trafficking with heroin stolen from Cottonmouth by Willis Stryker.
- In the comics, Cottonmouth has superhumanly strong teeth and jaws, allowing him to pierce normally impossible substances--including Luke Cage's skin.
Behind the Scenes
- According to Cheo Hodari Coker, the attitude of the rapper Biggie Smalls, a friend of Coker, was a strong influence for this version of Cottonmouth. Coker has also compared Cottonmouth to Simon Adebisi from Oz, Stringer Bell from The Wire and Rowan Pope from Scandal.
- ↑ Luke Cage Cast: A 'Necessary' Evil Pushes New Hero Into Action Mode
- ↑ Mahershala Ali Joins the Cast of the Netflix Original Series 'Marvel's Luke Cage'
- ↑ Alfre Woodard Joins 'Marvel's Luke Cage' For Netflix
- ↑ SDCC 2016: Marvel & Netflix's LUKE CAGE Panel
- ↑ Cheo Hodari Coker on Twitter, 15 May 2016