- "Everybody wants to be the king."
At a young age, Cornell was a great Pianist and wanted to peruse a Career. But with Mama Mabel basically running the neighbor of Harmel and being head of The family mob, she wanted differently for Cornell. One night she forces Cornell to kill a young thug in the basement, for dealing with drugs outside of her mob. He returned upstairs from the basement with blood on his hands where he returns to his piano. Mama Mabel comforts him with a hug as she puts her hands on top of him. Next, Mama Mabel confronts Uncle Phil (her late husband's brother) for making a deal with the Puerto Rican mob. She forces Cornell to lead him outside at gun point. Mariah comes out and starts shouting at Uncle Phil, until Cornell shoots him twice, killing him
- Expert Tactician: To be added
- Expert Musician: To be added
- Mama Mabel † - Grandmother
- Peter 'Pistol Pete' Stokes † - Uncle and Victim
- Mariah Dillard - Cousin and Killer
- Pop †
- Hernan Alvarez/Shades
- Willis Stryker/Diamondback
- Tone † - Ally turned Victim
- Turk Barrett
- Zip †
- Domingo Colon †
- Benjamin Donovan - Lawyer
- Shameek Smith † - Victim
- Luke Cage - Former Employee
- Rafael Scarfe † - Ally turned Victim
- Misty Knight
- Connie Lin
- In the comics, Cornell Cottonmouth was a heroin trader that wanted to recruit Luke Cage for his organization when Cage was wrongly accused of drug trafficking with heroin stolen from Cottonmouth by Willis Stryker.
Behind the Scenes
- According to Cheo Hodari Coker, the attitude of the rapper Biggie Smalls, a friend of Coker, was a strong influence for this version of Cottonmouth. Coker has also compared Cottonmouth to Simon Adebisi from Oz, Stringer Bell from The Wire and Rowan Pope from Scandal.