The Containment Modules are pods that can be sent to specific locations indicated by a tracking device planted on the ground. They are used to contain Inhumans until they can be trained to control their powers. A Containment Module was later converted as a room for Alya Fitz and a Quantum Tunnel.
|This section requires expansion|
Lance Hunter, Daisy Johnson, and Alphonso Mackenzie went to Seattle, Washington to rescue the newly-transformed Joey Gutierrez, it was noticed that his Inhuman power was to melt metal. Hunter placed a pod on the ground from his book bag; this pod summoned an Containment Module, in which Gutierrez was placed and transported to the Zephyr One.
While inside the Module, Johnson revealed to Gutierrez his heritage and offered to help him to control his powers. When the Zephyr One arrived at the Playground, the Module was transferred to a larger room with the same materials, where Gutierrez was greeted by Bobbi Morse, telling him where to place his clothes for his examination.
|This section needs a rewrite|
Trapped in a subway car in Washington, D.C., Lance Hunter and Phil Coulson spoke to Rosalind Price about the recent disappearance of Inhumans as an agent of the ATCU inspected the book bag of Hunter. The agent accidentally activated the summoning pod of the Containment Module, allowing Coulson and Hunter a means of escape that destroyed the subway car.
Elena Rodriguez was placed in a Containment Module after the team saved Mackenzie and knocked her unconscious. When she woke up again, she tried to escape by running against the module's walls, always snapping back to the starting point.
After being captured, R. Giyera was imprisoned in a Containment Module. However, shortly before the Module was closed, he was able to steal a belt buckle, allowing him to defeat the Module's Inhuman-proof design, escape the Module, and hijack Zephyr One.
When Daisy Johnson returned to S.H.I.E.L.D. she was contained in a module in case of after effects of Hive's mind control. When attempting to confront the evil Inhuman, she used the module to board Zephyr One. She was again imprisoned in the module by R. Giyera and let out by Melinda May and Leo Fitz.
Holding Ghost Rider
Ophelia woke up a Containment Chamber with Leo Fitz after the Escape from the Ivanov Oil Platform. Reacting inappropriately to Fitz rejecting her, she tried to teleport out of the Containment Chamber with him but to no avail due to the presence of Quantum Field Disruptors. Angry, Ophelia violently attacked Fitz, who managed to escape the Chamber thanks to Agents Piper, Davis and Prince. The three agents believed her to be safely contained, but Fitz revealed that teleportation was not her only power. As if on cue, Ophelia destroyed the Quantum Field Disruptors using an electrokinetic power and escaped the Chamber, teleporting near U.S. Army soldiers who were confronting Fitz and his colleagues.
Capturing Sarge's Squad
To be added
To be added
Destroyed Earth Timeline
In 2091, the Zephyr One was used as a base of the True Believers and the Containment Module was on board the vehicle. As Melinda May got rescued by the Believers, she woke up next to the Containment Module and saw the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo printed on it.
The interior of the Containment Modules is made from poly-tectic adaptive materials that can withstand some superhuman powers. These pods can be transferred from the Zephyr One into at one larger holding room made from similar material in the Playground. The containment unit is also outfitted with a high capacity transmitter that sends out a tracking pulse that can be traced by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and will upload software into any computer network it identifies in its vicinity.
|Appearances for Containment Module|
In chronological order:
- Ghost Rider and Aida are the only known individuals able to escape a containment module.
- This can be explained for a few reasons: the module was designed to contain mortal threats, so someone powered by the Spirit of Vengeance would not be containable; Aida used Lincoln's powers to short-circuit the module's electronic components.
- As seen in Rewind, there are at least two containment module built prior to the Siege of the Playground and both were kept in Blue Raven Ridge before Leo Fitz and Lance Hunter escaped with the Zephyr One, taking one with them aboard.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2.22: S.O.S. Part Two
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.01: Laws of Nature
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.10: Maveth
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.04: Devils You Know
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.07: Chaos Theory
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.11: Bouncing Back
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.06: The Good Samaritan
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 4.21: The Return
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.07: Together or Not at All
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 5.10: Past Life
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: 3.08: Many Heads, One Tale