Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, or simply Cloak & Dagger, is an American television series based on the Marvel Comics superheroes of the same names. It was produced by Marvel Television and aired on Freeform.
Once a privileged little girl, Tandy Bowen watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, an unexpected encounter with a boy named Tyrone sparks a life-changing event.
Young Tyrone Johnson wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when everything he held close was taken away, life taught Tyrone to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off. But when he meets a girl named Tandy his life changes forever.
Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger is the story of Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson — two teenagers from very different backgrounds who find themselves burdened with and awakened to newly acquired superpowers, which are mysteriously linked to one another. Season two turns the heat up on our young heroes as Tyrone and Tandy try to find their place as more active heroes in this world. As they learn and grow emotionally, so will their skills.
In season one, we saw Tandy and Ty dip their toes into the world of hopes and fears; this season, they will dive deeper into this metaphysical pool. With enhanced powers and a decision to be the type of heroes they want to be, they make the choice to run into the danger, head first. They tackle a heartless vigilante and uncover an evil that’s been preying on the young women of the city, as the show takes on more serious topics like gang violence and human trafficking.
- Olivia Holt as Tandy Bowen/Dagger (Seasons 1-2)
- Aubrey Joseph as Tyrone Johnson/Cloak (Seasons 1-2)
- Gloria Reuben as Adina Johnson (Seasons 1-2)
- Andrea Roth as Melissa Bowen (Seasons 1-2)
- J.D. Evermore as James Connors † (Seasons 1-2)
- Miles Mussenden as Otis Johnson (Season 1; Guest Season 2)
- Carl Lundstedt as Liam Walsh (Season 1; Guest Season 2)
- Emma Lahana as Brigid O'Reilly (Seasons 1-2) / Mayhem (Season 2)
- Jaime Zevallos as Francis Xavier Delgado (Season 1; Guest Season 2)
- Noëlle Renée Bercy as Evita Fusilier (Seasons 1-2)
- Wayne Pére as Peter Scarborough (Season 1)
- Dalon J. Holland as Duane Porter † (Seasons 1-2)
- Marqus Clae as Billy Johnson † (Seasons 1-2)
- Andy Dylan as Nathan Bowen † (Seasons 1-2)
- Lane Miller as Officer Kenneth Fuchs † (Season 1) / Papa Legba (Season 2)
- Angela M. Davis as Chantelle Fusilier † (Seasons 1-2)
- Gary Weeks as Greg Pressfield † (Season 1)
- Gralen Banks as Choo Choo Broussard (Seasons 1-2)
- Ally Maki as Doctor Mina Hess (Seasons 1-2)
- Tim Kang as Ivan Hess (Season 1)
- Dilshad Vadsaria as Lia Dewan (Season 2)
- Brooklyn McLinn as Andre Deschaine/D'Spayre † (Season 2)
- Joshua J. Williams as Solomon (Season 2)
- Cecilia Leal as Mikayla Bell (Season 2)
Cloak & Dagger was announced in July 2011 by Marvel Television. Originally, the series was in development at ABC. On April 7, 2016, Freeform greenlit Cloak & Dagger with a straight-to-series order.
The production of the series started in February 2017 in New Orleans, under the working title "Shadows".
On October 24, 2019, Freeform canceled the show after two seasons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’ Canceled By Freeform After 2 Seasons
- ↑ Marvel TV: 'Hulk,' 'Alias' and 'Cloak and Dagger' Comics To Be Adapted for Television with ABC
- ↑ Freeform Greenlights Marvel Romance Superhero Series ‘Cloak & Dagger’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ Freeform and Marvel Announce Lead Cast and Creative Team for Highly Anticipated Series "Marvel's Cloak & Dagger"
- ↑ ‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’: Olivia Holt & Aubrey Joseph Land Title Roles In Series For Freeform
- ↑ PREVIEW – PRODUCTION WEEKLY – ISSUE 1026 – THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2017
|Cloak & Dagger|