The Citadel at the End of Time was the residence of He Who Remains, who watched over the Sacred Timeline from the end of time.
After the Multiversal War, He Who Remains found an asteroid in the end of the time and built his residence on it, which was named as "Citadel at the End of Time". Millennia later, Loki and Sylvie were transported to the Void, where they discovered that Alioth guarded the access to the ruler of the "Sacred Timeline". After battling and enchanting Alioth to pass through him, Loki and Sylvie reached the Citadel. Upon arriving at the entrance to the Citadel, the doors opened and they were let inside. They were then greeted by Miss Minutes, who told them of a deal that He Who Remains could give them and that each could have what they really wanted. Dismissing this as fictional, Loki and Sylvie walked further into the Citadel and found themselves face to face with He Who Remains. He Who Remains invited them to his office, where they sat down, and listened as he told them about his other Variants, the Multiversal War, using Alioth, and creating the Time Variance Authority. After this, he told them they had two options, one to kill him and set off the next Multiversal War or take over the TVA. Choosing the first option, Sylvie pushed Loki through a Timedoor to the TVA, and killed He Who Remains, setting off the Multiverse's expansion and destruction.
- The building and architecture was carved in situ from the asteroid where the Citadel is. The material of the asteroid is also in many places of the Time Variance Authority Office, built by He Who Remains.
- Citadel at the End of Time looks like resembles his Dr. Doom's castle from the Secret Wars 2015 event.
Behind the Scenes
- Eric Martin revealed that in one version of the script, the walk through the Citadel in For All Time. Always., Loki and Sylvie would fight against a series of the greatest warriors across the timeline. Additionally, there was to be a vast display room where He Who Remains kept artifacts from the timeline.
- Kate Herron revealed that there would be a fight scene between Miss Minutes and Loki and Sylvie in the Citadel, in the episode For All Time. Always..
- What Loki’s Final Location Reveals About Its Big Villain
- Loki: Deleted 'Kang' Scenes From Finale Revealed
- Loki: 1.05: Journey Into Mystery
- Loki: 1.06: For All Time. Always.
- Loki: Deconstructing He Who Remains’ Life’s Work at the Citadel at the End of Time
- Eric Martin on Twitter
- Loki Concept Art
- ‘Loki’: The Truth About Judge Renslayer and Miss Minutes