The Chronicoms are an extremely advanced and ancient race of synthetic, semi-robotic beings that operate in the galaxy as observers. There are different types of Chronicoms, designed for different jobs or purposes.
The Chronicoms originated from Chronyca-2. After the development of interstellar transportation, they began exploring the galaxy, obtaining knowledge about other sentient races. Two chronicom scientists were sent to primitive planet Earth, where the humans were developing, and monitored their evolution for millennia, assuming the identities of Enoch and Noah.
The Chronicoms had a strict code of not interfering with the natural course of life on the planet they were observing, and would never interfere unless there was an extinction level event.
The Chronicoms' homeworld, Chronyca-2, was invaded by Izel when she was searching for the Di'Allas and proceeded to infect the planet. They, under Atarah's leadership, tried to stop the Shrike, but failed and the planet was destroyed. The Confederacy arrived to pillage the remains of the planet, but the Chronicoms fought back and defeated them. Atarah and the surviving Chronicom Hunters then seized their Confederate Warships and decided to find S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist Leo Fitz to make them a time machine to save Chronyca-2.
To be added
Technology and Weapons
- Chronicom Rifle: Standard assaults rifle used by the Chronicom Hunters.
- Chronicom Pistol: Standard hand-gun used by the Chronicom Hunters.
- Chroni-Bomb: Used by Jon Garrett to blow up the Lighthouse.
- Chronicom Vessel: Spaceship used by Enoch to keep Leo Fitz safe during his 74-year cryo-sleep far from the Lighthouse.
- Chronicom Time Ship: Spaceship used by the Chronicoms to travel back in time.
- Chronicom Destroyer Ship: Warships.
- Cryo-Freeze Chamber
- Inter-Planetary Conveyance Disc
- Healing Pod
- Time Stream
- Cerebral Fusion Machine
- Electrochron Displacement Mechanism
While they physically resemble humans, Chronicoms do not have gender or inner organs, and are composed mainly of plastic alloy. The Chronicoms are powered by a Electrochron Displacement Mechanism, which is analog to a human heart, and possess other cybernetic components. They do not naturally die unless the Electrochron Displacement Mechanism is removed. They are also are identified as humans by scanners.
There are different types of Chronicoms, including anthropologists, who study life on different planets; hunters, who are skilled in battle, and are tasked with enforcing the natural order of the universe; and predictors, which predict how changes in the timeline will affect history. Any type of Chronicom can be reassigned and reprogrammed by their superiors at a moment's notice to fulfill another role.
|Appearances for Chronicoms|
In chronological order:
- The Chronicoms are similar to the Watchers in the comics, sharing the habit of overseeing and studying less advanced races without interfering in the natural course of their history. They also recall the Rigellian Recorders as artificial beings studying the progress of sentient species across the universe.
- Chronicoms are named after biblical figures; the only exception is Sibyl, who is named after the oracles of Greco-Roman myth.