Chi is a mystical form of energy that is present in every life form. Some ancient groups with mystical knowledge and ability, such as the Order of the Crane Mother and the Hand, have learned how to channel chi, using it for both therapeutic and martial arts purposes. As a weapon, chi is capable of generating an "internal force" that removes the need for charging momentum.
To be added
- Iron Fist: By channeling his chi and focusing it into his fist, Danny Rand and others with the title of the Iron Fist can make their fist inhumanly powerful and resistant to injury and pain. With their fist in this state, the Iron Fist can exert superhuman strength and force. As an example of its power, Danny Rand once used the Fist on Luke Cage, a man with bulletproof skin; the Fist not only injured Cage, but sent him flying across the alleyway in which they were duelling.
- Chi Healing: Chi can also be used for healing which, according to Stick, was the original purpose of the Order of the Crane Mother. Danny Rand is capable of healing wounds by channeling his chi. When a bullet pierced his hand, he was able to heal the wound in a matter of seconds by summoning the Iron Fist. By holding his hand over her body, Rand was able to use his chi to burn the poison that was killing Colleen Wing.
- Chi Blast: The Iron Fist is able to release powerful waves of concussive force upon impact, sending not only his opponent, but all around him, flying backwards. With enough effort and motivation, Rand's chi could also send objects and people flying with a single blow.
- Iron Fist Sealing: An ancient Immortal Iron Fist was able to use the power of the Iron Fist to create a powerful seal that permanently locked a door buried deep underground, preventing the Hand from accessing the secrets beyond it. This seal could only be opened by one with the power of the Iron Fist. Danny Rand would later be tricked into opening the door many years later, finally allowing the Hand to enter.
- Chi Infusion: On a trip to Japan, Danny Rand used his chi to manipulate projectiles aimed at other objects. Using dual pistols, he was able to shoot bullets formed from chi energy, aiming them specifically at the bullet that was shot at him. When Danny Rand went to Asia, Colleen Wing was left in New York City as a vigilante. Wing encountered several criminals fleeing the scene of a bank robbery. She channeled her chi into her katana, making it glow.
- Iron Fist: 1.03: Rolling Thunder Cannon Punch
- The Defenders: 1.02: Mean Right Hook
- Iron Fist: 1.13: Dragon Plays with Fire
- Iron Fist: 1.09: The Mistress of All Agonies
- The Defenders: 1.06: Ashes, Ashes
- The Defenders: 1:08: The Defenders
- The Defenders: 1.07: Fish in the Jailhouse
- Iron Fist: 2.10: A Duel of Iron