As a former soldier of the United States Armed Forces he was recruited into the Centipede Project, a branch of HYDRA founded by the Clairvoyant, an alias used by John Garrett. As part of this project he was equipped with multiple Centipede Devices and a Backscatter X-Ray Eye Implant.
Together with some other Centipede Soldiers he laid in an ambush for the S.H.I.E.L.D. team led by Phil Coulson in Oakland, California. During the ambush he fought hand to hand with agents Grant Ward and Melinda May until ordered to retreat by Raina.
He escorted Coulson to the Centipede base in the Mojave Desert and stood guard as Edison Po and Raina used the Theta Brain-Wave Frequency Machine on him. While on patrol he discovered Skye and chased her until being hit by Coulson's Team in the S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV. After freeing Coulson, S.H.I.E.L.D. took him in custody.
Powers and Abilities
|This section needs a rewrite|
- Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Due to use of the Centipede Device, a blood-filtering device made of Chitauri metal that delivers a combination of Extremis, Gamma Radiation, and elements of the Super Soldier Serum into his system, the Soldier has come to possess various superhuman abilities.
- Enhanced Strength: The Centipede Serum gave the Soldier enhanced strength. This allowed him to easily fight highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Grant Ward and Melinda May.
- Enhanced Durability: The Centipede Serum gave the Soldier enhanced durability, allowing him to survive being hit by a S.H.I.E.L.D. SUV with minimal injuries.
- Expert Combatant: The soldier's fighting skills were great enough that he could easily fight highly trained S.H.I.E.L.D. agents Melinda May and Grant Ward.
- Centipede Device: The Centipede Soldier was outfitted with a device made of Chitauri metal which injects a serum based on Abraham Erskine's Super Soldier Serum mixed with Gamma Radiation and Extremis, designed to enhance his physical attributes to a super-human level.
- Backscatter X-Ray Eye Implant: A prosthetic ocular implant that allowed the Centipede Soldier to see through solid objects when his eyes were closed. It was also the means used by his handler to send orders and instructions.