Cain was a Chronicom Hunter assigned to hunt down and destroy S.H.I.E.L.D. throughout time. Cain attempted to kill Quake, only to be captured and interrogated by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. During the interrogation, Cain's inner systems malfunctioned and shut him down, destroying his physical body.
Finding his Disguise
Together with Luke and Abel, Cain was in the team of Chronicom Hunters, sent to 1931 to destroy S.H.I.E.L.D. Upon arrival to New York City, Hunters approached William Dole and his officers and killed them before using Erasers to assume their personas. After taking the disguise of the NYPD officers and killing Jimmy Bottles as well, Hunters prepared to achieve their goal by assassinating Freddy Malick.
Battle Against Quake
On the next day, Cain and the Hunters returned to the store to maintain their cover, however, they suddenly spotted Quake there, realizing that S.H.I.E.L.D. agents followed them, much to Cain's shock. Luke then decided to go inside the store after Deke Shaw and ordered Cain to isolate Johnson and kill her. Using his police disguise, Cain approached Johnson and asked her to help him investigate the "suspicious track" behind the store. Johnson followed him, as she was not aware of his true identity and intentions to kill her.
As Johnson went to check the truck, Cain reached the gun in an attempt to shoot Johnson from the back, but she managed to spot him and resisted. Johnson disarmed Cain, however, he was able to fight her properly and attempted to shoot her again, only to be distracted by Shaw. Johnson then used her opportunity and attacked Cain with her Inhuman powers and managed to knock him out. Shaw and Johnson placed him in the truck and drove to the Zephyr One.
Captured by S.H.I.E.L.D.
When Cain's motor functions came back online, he found himself being tied up with Jemma Simmons preparing to interrogate him. Despite Yo-Yo Rodriguez's intentions to beat the answers out of him, Enoch stated that Hunters are programmed to withstand any form of interrogation. Cain expressed his disappointment in Enoch's decision to betray Chronicoms by choosing to side with humans and Enoch replied that he chose it himself, while Hunters can only be reassigned.
In order to get answers from Cain, Simmons came up with an idea to connect him to the server and disrupt his system. Cain's inner systems started to glitch due to the constantly generated junk data but he was able to withstand it. Cain told the agents that they will never comprehend the true nature of time. Meanwhile, Chronicom anthropologists have studied Earth for thousands of years, as Cain said, they know the exact thread to pull at the exact moment to unravel S.H.I.E.L.D. forever.
Simmons then increased the data transferring, disrupting Cain's systems even more and asked him how Chronicom Hunters were going to attack Franklin D. Roosevelt. Cain's systems were malfunctioning because of the data, so Simmons had to disconnect him from the server which, however, did not stop his glitches. While malfunctioning, Cain mentioned Malick's name before glitches caused his systems to shut down and his physical body to meltdown.
Powers and Abilities
- Chronicom Physiology: As a Chronicom, Cain is a synthetic being and naturally possesses physical capabilities beyond any human being.
- Superhuman Durability: As a Chronicom, Cain possesses much more endurance than a regular human. When Quake fired vibrational shockwave against Cain, the power simply deactivated him for short while, with no apparent damage to his Chronicom systems.
- Longevity: Like all Chronicoms, Cain was immune to aging and disease and his life had extended for thousands of years.
- Computer Interaction: Cain could use programing along with his software and hardware to interact/hack other computers and digital systems. However, this ability had it's limits. When Jemma Simmons tried to hack his programming, Cain's body couldn't resist the hacking. According to Sibyl's programming of the Chronicom Hunters, Cain's body disintegrated to prevent futuristic Chronicom technology from being found in the past.
- Master Combatant: As a Hunter, Cain has a special combat skill pack that allowed him to be effective in a fight with Quake.
- Chronicom Rifle: As a Hunter, Cain was equipped with a Chronicom Rifle. He used it to kill an NYPD officer, as well as Jimmy Bottles.
- Colt Official Police: Cain took the revolver from the NYPD officer whose identity he assumed, and he tried to use it to kill Daisy Johnson on the scene where the police officers had been killed, but she caught a glimpse of the weapon in a truck's rear-view mirror and managed to disarm and defeat Cain.
- Like other Chronicoms, Cain is named after a biblical figure.