- "Since the days of Bor and Buri before him, we have protected the Nine Realms."
Before Thor and the Einherjar left Asgard to protect the Nine Realms and the worlds beyond, Thor gave a speech in front of his army. During this speech he mentions that Asgard has protected the Nine Realms since the days of Bor and Buri before him.
Powers and Abilities
- Asgardian Physiology: As an Asgardian, Buri had superhuman abilities. As the King of the Asgardians, many of these attributes are significantly superior to those possessed by the majority of his race.
- Superhuman Strength: Buri was superhumanly strong and possessed greater physical strength than the average Asgardian male. He could easily fight multiple Dark Elves at once.
- Superhuman Speed: Buri could move at high speeds, much faster than a human or average Asgardian.
- Superhuman Stamina: His musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of humans.
- Superhuman Durability: Buri 's skin, muscle, and bone tissue have many times the density of the same of a human being, making him near-invulnerable and resistant to powerful energy blasts, immense blunt force trauma, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Buri could be injured, but his Asgardian physiology allowed him to heal much faster than that of a human being.
- Longevity: Like all Asgardians, Buri aged at a rate that is much slower than that of a human being, living for thousands of years.
- Leadership: Buri was the king and ruler of Asgard and the guardian of the Nine Realms. As such, he is wise and honorable. He is dedicated to using his power for keeping the peace between the Nine Realms. He possesses vast knowledge of ancient and arcane wisdom, considered to be his most powerful weapon.
- Bor † - Son
- Odin † - Grandson
- Frigga † - Granddaughter-in-Law
- Hela † - Great-Granddaughter
- Thor - Great-Grandson
- Loki † - Adoptive Great-Grandson
|King of Asgard|