- "I cannot possibly betray the confidentiality of my buyers!"
- ―Broker to Yondu Udonta
Selling Stolen Items
Dealing with the Ravagers
- "It's my policy never to discuss my clients, or their needs."
"Yeah, well, I almost died getting it for you."
"An occupational hazard, I'm sure, in your line of work."
- ―Broker and Star-Lord
The Broker was contacted by Yondu Udonta of the Ravagers who wished to obtain the Orb and sell it through him. When Star-Lord learned of Yondu's agreement, he left the Ravagers and stole the Orb. He brought it to the Broker's Shop on Xandar and attempted to sell the Orb to him. The Broker questioned Star-Lord and in the process learned that the Orb was also sought by Ronan the Accuser. Fearing for his life if he acquired the Orb, the Broker refused to take the Orb and evicted Star-Lord from his shop.
Later, he was visited by Udonta and Kraglin Obfonteri, who threatened to kill him if he did not tell them who had planned to buy the Orb from him. He revealed his client to be Taneleer Tivan, which led the Ravagers to Knowhere.
- Broker's Shop: To be added
- Taneleer Tivan/Collector
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- In the comics, the Broker was a slaver who used parasites to trap other individuals to his Bodyguard Cadre. He was later killed by Century.
- Scrote and the Broker have very similar facial features, hinting that these characters may be related as being from the same race.
Behind the Scenes
- The Broker was apparently supposed to make an appearance in Thor: Ragnarok as reported from a set visit to the concept art room that would have involved him and the Grandmaster sharing a scene but it was presumably cut from the film.