- "Jessica, why did you–"
- ―Brian Jones to Jessica Jones
- "I was ambitious. I felt stifled by him. He felt berated by me. And maybe he was. I could have been on the tenure track in the math department at the University of Michigan. But he wouldn't move. So I stayed. And I taught junior college to a bunch of underachievers. And I hated him for that. And he hated me for making him feel inadequate."
- ―Alisa Jones to Jessica Jones
Brian Jones was born in 1954 in Akron, Ohio. A mechanic by trade, he married Alisa Jones and together with her he had two children. A daughter, Jessica Jones and a few years later a son, Phillip Jones. They all lived together in Caldwell, New Jersey..
Brian and Alisa, despite what Jessica believed, began to experience issues within their marriage: Brian felt inferior compared to his far more intelligent wife and Alisa felt stifled by her husband, who wouldn't even allow her to drive a car. Their son eventually witnessed one of their fights and caused him to act out. They were well on the path to a divorce.
Brian, along with his wife and children, were going on a vacation. During their trip, his children, in the backseats of the car, got into an argument over a video game. Brian turned around to stop the fight. In doing so he took his eyes off the road and the family crashed with a truck carrying a container of chemicals. The accident killed him and his son, while his wife and daughter's bodies were retrieved by IGH, experimented on and returned to life, gaining superhuman abilities as a side effect of the genetic editing done on them.
To be added
- Elizabeth De Luca † - Neighbor
In chronological order:
- Jessica Jones
- Season One
- Season Two
- In the comics, David Campbell is the biological father of Jessica Jones who was going with his family to a trip to Disney World with tickets given to him by his boss Tony Stark.