Bor Burison was the former King of Asgard, son of Buri, father of Odin, grandfather of Hela and Thor and adoptive grandfather of Loki. He was responsible for the victory over Malekith and his Dark Elf army during the First Battle of Svartalfheim. He was succeeded to the Asgardian throne by his son Odin following his death in a war.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the Scenes
- 9 References
- 10 External Links
Bor Burison was the second king of Asgard, succeeding his father Buri. His reign was marked by the First Dark Elf Conflict, a war that occurred over 5,000 years ago during the Convergence of the Nine Realms when Malekith, king of the Dark Elves sought to use an ancient weapon known as the Aether to revert the universe to its previous state of total darkness.
Bor led the Asgardian army against the Dark Elf threat, with both sides sustaining heavy casualties. The Asgardians were eventually able to gain the upper hand despite Malekith deploying the Kursed, the Dark Elves' most elite warriors. Bor used the Bifrost Bridge to take the Aether from Malekith before he could make use of its power. In a final, desperate attempt, Malekith dropped almost his entire airfleet onto the Asgardian army, killing many on both sides and creating enough chaos that he was able to escape with the remnants of his army.
Death and Legacy
Bor would eventually perish in another of Asgard's many wars. He was succeeded by his son, Odin. Before Thor and the Einherjar left Asgard to protect the Nine Realms and the worlds beyond, Thor gave a speech to his army. During this speech, he mentioned that Asgard has protected the Nine Realms since the days of Bor and Buri before him. When Thor and Loki attempted to smuggle Jane Foster out of Asgard on a Dark Elf ship, they inadvertantly destroyed a statue of Bor, prompting Loki to sarcastically congratulate his brother "for decapitating [their] grandfather".
In 2023, when planning the Time Heist to reverse the effects of the Snap by recovering all the Infinity Stones before their destruction by Thanos in 2018, Thor was prompted to tell the Avengers the history of the Aether, which included his grandfather's role in protecting it from the Dark Elves.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Asgardian Physiology: As an Asgardian, Bor possessed all of the various superhuman attributes common among his people, including superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes, healing, and was extremely long-lived. However, as the King of Asgard, these superhuman attributes were far surpassed all other Asgardians.
- Superhuman Strength: As the King of Asgard, Bor possessed immeasurable levels of superhuman strength, numerous times stronger than any normal human being and all other Asgardians. He was able to easily fight multiple Dark Elves at once.
- Superhuman Durability: Bor's body was numerous times more resistant to physical and energy damage than any normal human being and all other Asgardians, making him near-invulnerable and resistant to powerful energy blasts, immense blunt force trauma, falls from great heights, explosions and various other opposing forces.
- Superhuman Speed: Bor could run and move at great superhuman speed, much faster than any normal human being and most other Asgardians.
- Superhuman Agility: Bor naturally possessed far greater agility, equilibrium, flexibility, dexterity, balance, and body coordination than any normal human being and most other Asgardians.
- Superhuman Stamina: Bor's advanced musculature produced considerably fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity than any normal human being and most other Asgardians. His endurance allowed him to exercise his maximum capacity for an extremely long period of time without tiring at all. He was able to battle Dark Elves for a long period of time without tiring.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Bor could react and dodge objects traveling at high speeds, much quicker than any normal human being and most other Asgardians.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his body's resistance, Bor could still be injured like any other Asgardian. However, his metabolism enabled him to rapidly regenerate damaged bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than any normal human being and most other Asgardians.
- Longevity: Bor, like all other Asgardians, was not truly immortal. It is possible to kill an Asgardian and other beings in the Nine Realms. More accurately, Asgardians are extremely long-lived beings, Bor aged at a pace far slower than any normal human being, being able to live for thousands of years.
- Master Combatant: Bor was a highly skilled and formidable hand-to-hand combatant. During the First Battle of Svartalfheim, he was able to easily defeat multiple Dark Elves at once.
- Spear Mastery: Bor was highly skilled at using a spear in combat, especially his Gungnir. He was able to use it against Dark Elves with great efficiently and defeat them.
- Master Tactician: Bor was able to lead Asgard and successfully defeat the Dark Elves during the First Battle of Svartalfheim.
- Bilingualism: Bor was fluent in his native Asgardian and English.
- Gungnir: A powerful magical spear used by the rulers of Asgard that serves as a symbol of power.
- Asgardian Armor: Bor wore this armor when he fought the Dark Elves on Svartalfheim and during many other battles across the Nine Realms.
|Appearances for Bor|
|In chronological order:|
- In Thor's vision in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Thor talks to Heimdall in Bor's mausoleum.
- Bor was considered to appear in Avengers: Infinity War as a ghost who Thor goes to in order to form Stormbreaker rather than go to Nidavellir.
Behind the Scenes
|King of Asgard