- "Rise and shine, Midtown Science and Technology, I'm Betty Brant."
- ―Betty Brant
Elizabeth "Betty" Brant is a student at Midtown School of Science and Technology who had also worked as the co-host of Midtown News with Jason Ionello. During her time hosting, Brant had reported on the heroic actions of Spider-Man, as well as the fallout of the Snap and Blip, which she and Ionello were victims of. Brant later joined her classmates on a school trip to Europe, where she had formed a relationship with Ned Leeds. During their trip, the students came under attack from all the Elementals, only to be saved by Spider-Man, who later discovered that these attacks were actually illusions that had been created by Mysterio. Once they were saved, Brant and the rest of their students returned home, while she and Leeds then decided to end their relationship and remain as friends.
This section requires expansion
Hosting with Jason Ionello
- "Students, don't forget about your Homecoming tickets. Do you have a date for Homecoming?"
"Thanks, Jason, but I already have a date."
- ―Jason Ionello and Betty Brant
Betty Brant was a news anchor for Midtown School of Science and Technology with her co-host, Jason Ionello. Ionello tried to ask Brant to the upcoming homecoming dance, but she revealed she already had a date. On her lunch break, Brant continued harboring on with Liz Toomes, assisting her as she put up a banner for homecoming in the cafeteria for the planning committee.
The next day in gym class, Brant was playing a game with her friends on their Avenger preferences, in which she personally aimed to "F-Thor, marry Iron Man, and kill Hulk". Toomes hinted to Brant that she has somewhat of a crush on Spider-Man. Ned Leeds then blurted out that Peter Parker knew Spider-Man.
In the aftermath of the Washington incident, Brant reported that Midtown's Academic Decathlon team defeated the country's best to win the national championship and also how they survived thanks to the Spider-Man, as she praised him at school.
Later on, Brant came to school following the incidents at Homecoming evening. Brant hugged Toomes goodbye as she cried over her father's arrest, tearfully stating she would miss her friend. The two then parted ways.
Brant and Jason Ionello reported that the Shocker had been found webbed to a school bus by students after the homecoming dance had ended, with various students taking selfies and images with the assailant. Morita, the principal, makes a special announcement where he warns the students to delete the images from all of their social media accounts, lest they were wary of the consequences. It is also revealed that Shocker's Gauntlet was retrieved by Tiny McKeever, who is seen wearing it during the news footage.
Along with other school topics, Brant and Jason Ionello did a segment on who Spider-Man might be under his mask, and interviewed Roger Harrington, Ned Leeds and Michelle Jones. Harrington was unaware, Jones states that she is not sure but she has her suspicions, and Leeds stated that the identity of Spider-Man is a mystery no one will ever know.
The Snap and the Blip
Relationship with Ned Leeds
To be added
To be added
- Midtown School of Science and Technology: To be added
- In the comics, Betty Brant was a colleague of and Peter Parker's very first love. A year later after they broke up she eventually married Ned Leeds. She even had a brief affair with Flash Thompson, while Leeds was in a time of crisis due to his role as Hobgoblin.
- The MCU adaptation of Betty Brant shares similarities with Gwen Stacy from the comics.
Behind the Scenes
- Betty Brant in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Elizabeth Banks.