Ben Parker met and married May Parker. Although never having children of his own, both he and May would come to look after their young and orphaned nephew, Peter Parker. The three lived in Queens as Peter grew up until, eventually, Ben died, deeply affecting May as she had to to look after Peter all alone.
- Ben Parker's famous "With great power comes great responsibility" speech has been referenced in several of the Marvel Cinematic Universe television series:
- In the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Pilot, Skye tells Mike Peterson: "You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton of weird crap you are not prepared to deal with."
- In the Jessica Jones episode AKA Freak Accident, Whizzer states in a video recording: "With great power comes great mental illness."
- In the Jessica Jones episode AKA Playland, Jessica Jones warns Alisa Jones: "If you say "With great power comes great responsibility", I swear I'll throw up on you."
- In the Cloak & Dagger episode Colony Collapse, Peter Scarborough tells Tandy Bowen and Mina Hess: "With great power comes...even more power."
Behind the Scenes
- John Francis Daley wanted to have a direct reference to Ben Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming, a scene where May Parker gives Ben's old clothes to Peter when he was getting ready for homecoming, but the idea was eventually abandoned.