|For alternate versions of Ben Parker, see Ben Parker's Character Hub|
Ben Parker met and married May. Although never having children of his own, both Parker and May would come to look after their young and orphaned nephew, Peter. The three lived in Queens, New York until, eventually, Parker died, deeply affecting his family as May was left to raise Peter by herself.
- Ben Parker's famous "With great power comes great responsibility" speech from the comics has been referenced in several of the Marvel Cinematic Universe television series:
- In the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode Pilot, Skye tells Mike Peterson: "You can't walk away from this. With great power comes.... a ton of weird crap you are not prepared to deal with."
- On Daredevil's Twitter on July 24, 2015, "Be forewarned, with great avocados come great responsibility."
- In the Jessica Jones episode AKA Freak Accident, Whizzer states in a video recording: "With great power comes great mental illness."
- In the Jessica Jones episode AKA Playland, Jessica Jones warns Alisa Jones: "If you say 'With great power comes great responsibility', I swear I'll throw up on you."
- In the Cloak & Dagger episode Colony Collapse, Peter Scarborough tells Tandy Bowen and Mina Hess: "With great power comes... even more power."
Behind the Scenes
- John Francis Daley wanted to have a direct reference to Ben Parker in Spider-Man: Homecoming, a scene where May Parker gives Ben's old clothes to Peter when he was getting ready for homecoming, but the idea was eventually abandoned.