- "It's Beetle! I'll make sure you never forget it."
- ―Beetle to Spider-Man
Abner Jenkins, also known as Beetle, is a criminal who was caught by Spider-Man while robbing a bank and taken into custody.
The Beetle was attempting to steal bags of money from a bank when Spider-Man showed up to stop him from getting away from theft. The Beetle became furious when Spider-Man insulted him and called him names, so he began to attack him. Spider-Man fought back and tried to break the Beetle's wings by landing on him. The Beetle managed to get Spider-Man off of his armored wings, but then Spider-Man got very serious about the fight and managed to pull on the Beetle's wings with his webbing and break them off of his suit. The Beetle was then taken into custody by the police.
- Beetle Armor: The Beetle uses a suit of armor that has numerous gadgets for combat.
- Jet Pack: The Beetle Armor is equipped with a jet pack, similar to the EXO-7 Falcon. However, if the wings of the suit are removed, the suit will become unable to fly.
- Laser: The Beetle Armor houses a laser in the gauntlets for offensive purposes.
- In the comics, Abner Jenkins was a mechanic for an aircraft producer, who was tired of his boring, low paying job and not getting promotions, he decided to go out on his own in search of fame and fortune by using a suit of armor, becoming the Beetle.