|For alternate versions of Bast, see Bast's Character Hub|
According to Wakandan legend, when the five tribes fought for control of Wakanda, Bashenga received a vision from Bast, which led him to the Heart-Shaped Herb, granting him the power to become the king and the first Black Panther. In Wakandan mythology, when the soul of a man reaches the afterlife, it is brought by the goddesses Bast and Sekhmet to a mythical green valley, where it can run freely and in peace for all eternity. T'Chaka believed in this myth, while his son T'Challa apparently did not, until he met his father in the Ancestral Plane.
- Black Panther (vision & mentioned)
- Captain America: Civil War (mentioned)
- Black Panther (mentioned)
- Eternals (statue)
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier
- Thor: Love and Thunder (unreleased)
- In the comics, Bast was the protector of the Panther Clan and is also referred to as the "Panther God". She was the one who gave Bashenga, and the rest of his lineage, the power of the Black Panther and control over Wakanda.
- Historically, Bastet is an Egyptian cat goddess connected with the sun, then the moon in the Ptolemaic era. She was initially depicted as a lioness, then as a domestic cat in later stages of Egyptian history.